Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please be careful!

Please be careful!

Ok. . . . .Ok. . . . this is the last one I will bring back up. But its worth it. Any of you other Senior Members remember FreeAgent? This one caused a lot of problems. Almost got lawyers involved. JP cooled the situation down thank God. Here is the thread. Its long. . but worth the read. Enjoy.

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=153271

ps: Like I said in that thread. . . . if someone tells you they want you to "test" their system. . or any kind of **** like that. . . . always check it out first. It will save your ass.
    "Never give in-never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy!" - Winston Churchill

a good reminder not to be fooled into attacking anyone's site.
    Trappedagainbyperfectlogic.

Definitely!
    "Never give in-never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy!" - Winston Churchill

Holy **** man!!!!!!! I just read this for the first time. This happened before my time, but thats not cool, Good for you though for being responcible and mailing them.

Ohhh better watch out, Im a newbie with a **** load of these green ****in dots. (sorry had to rip on the one idiot from earlier saying everyone with dots is doing something if there new...quality posts dont mean anything i guess )

Senior since the 3 dot era
    Roguespy I sure remember this, together we took the fool down.
    Later I helped BreakFree to fix some security problems. They even asked to make telephone contact.

you thought for a moment I took credits for your work? I wasn't. It was pure coincidence, at 5:56 you posted your email respons. At 6:27 I posted the reply I got from the real BreakFree management in a new thread http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=170473 My idea was making a new one to alert everyone. At 6:30 I checked the original thread and saw your respons and replied to that one. So we can say that we did the same without knowing and therefor a double proof was delivered. I mailed them right away after pm'ing with FreeAgent and before doing serious things on their servers, it would be foolish to test without written permission.
    It's a good reminder to the people here.

Hahaha. I was just just messen with ya Vic. All in good fun.

ps: I was wondering where your thread was. Couldn't find it when i was searching. Thanks for the link.

ARG! Our stinking filter is blocking out the last page due to "Hate" but whatever, I shall read it once I get home tonight...wow, I can't believe that happened, after reading his posts, he seemed to have all the answers, I wouldv'e been majorly fooled, you guys VictorKaum and RougeSpy seemed to keep your disbelief the whole time. . . scary stuff.
    Because I am a woman, I must make unusual efforts to succeed. If I fail, no one will say, "She doesn't have what it takes"; They will say, "Women don't have what it takes".
    Clare Boothe Luce

AO's Mr Grumpy
    I came upon AO via a list of web sites recommended by the lecturer on network security at university. "Let's check it out, no doubt just another techie site like lot's of others". No way, it is now my No1 site. There is no computer magazine could compare , there is vast wealth of knowledge within this site, it is interesting, informative, educational and pure entertainment, after checking out the history of this and the other post by RogueSpy "Warning to Skidiots"
    Keep up the good work
    Computer says no
    (Carol Beer)

Welcome to AO. Hope you enjoy the show thats about to come.

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...3&pagenumber=3

Thanks for the post RogueSpy. That was a very interesting read. I am glad to hear every thing got resolved without the courts. Great Post!
    \"Trying to outsmart a compiler defeats much of the purpose of using one.\" — Kernighan & Plauger, The Elements of Programming Style.