Thread: HeadsUp**W32.HLLW.Magold

HeadsUp**W32.HLLW.Magold

Hi Guys,

One just for theweekend..

From Symantec

W32.HLLW.Magold@mm is a mass-mailing worm that will send itself to recipients it finds in the Windows Address Book and in all files with .html, .htm, and .hta file extensions. The e-mail message will have a file attachment of Maya Gold.scr. It will also spoof the from address to be an address in Hungary.

The worm will also spread through many different peer-to-peer file-sharing programs as well as through mIRC.

Symantec Security Response will continue to analyze this threat and will provide additional information accordingly.

Also Known As: W32/Auric@MM [McAfee]
    Type: Worm
    Infection Length: 240,640 bytes(packed), 622,592 bytes(unpacked)
    Systems Affected: Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Me
    Systems Not Affected: Macintosh, OS/2, UNIX, Linux
    AKA:
    Auric at McAfee
    Auric at Panda

Cheers
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

Cool Oh, yessss!

Yeah, ain't it fun?!?!

'Course, this has to show up just before the weekend. Luck for me, I'll be working part of the weekend so I'll be able to keep track of this.

BTW, thanks for the heads up. Helps muchly.

this was a great post, thanx i think it will come in handy with quite a few questions.
    Gracias!