Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: College PC Security.

college system admins are morons, you wouldnt know how many bots ive seen on efnet with .edu extentions, ,,, my my my, cant even block ports, almost makes me wish i had become an admin so i could sit on my behidn all day and pretend im doing something, they dont even moniter bandwidth, smart.......
    sectac
    The Hack Back Revolution
    irc.dal.net:#guesswhatyourhacked

if you're really concerned, i would ask for university's policy on using keystroke logger. i don't know how the rule has changed since patriot act, but as far as i could remember with the 1984 electronic privacy act or something, where they cannot know your personal email password outside of university, since this is unrelated to school.

sorry if i misquoted anything, but i'll brush up on the current law and update everyone if anything is different.

w0rm3y

guys, keep up the good technical post.
    i don't think my college admins is that observing.
    they just get in here sometimes to uninstall softwares like YM, MSN and ICQ and kaaza
    but somehow kazaa always been there. someone manage to bypass the admin privilige and install kazaa again.

quick stupid question:
    if you delete the admin.pwl, would you assign the new password for the admin account ?

thanks.
    _digitalbath.

Just Another Geek
    Originally posted here by mypojam
    if you delete the admin.pwl, would you assign the new password for the admin account ?
    Having an .pwl means they're running win9x. There is NO security in win9x.
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.