Thread: Desktop Layout Resetting Problem

Question Desktop Layout Resetting Problem

It seems every-time i reboot and log back in my basic desktop settings have been reset to default. My icons re-arranged on the left side of the screen, quick launch bar disappears. The background stays the same however. Does anyone know what would be causing this? And is theres way to fix it other than re-installing XP? Or is there a name for these certain registry files that contain the data for this stuff? I've attached a .zip file with pictures of the desktop for before and after a reboot in-case I have been unclear in any of my descriptions. Thanks in advance for any help.

hrrrrrrrm.. unless I'm blind you forgot to attach the zip file..

as for your problem, are you actually rebooting properly and giving it a chance to save settings? I know if my computer crashes or i just turn it off, that none of my settings are saved.

The Iceman Cometh
    HTRegz is probably right in that, somehow, the settings aren't getting saved when you reset. I notice, from your desktop, that you have Tweak XP installed. Make sure you didn't select a choice in there which automatically reorganizes your desktop. I would say that it's automatically organizing it by name or something, but the recycle bin remains in the lower right hand corner, further justifying HTRegz's response.

AJ

Yea, I reboot properly, I've double checked TweakXP, no settings checked for this.
    It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious. - Murphy

I just fixed the icon probably, anyone else have the slightest clue what could be corrupting the Taskbar and Quick Launch?
    It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious. - Murphy