Thread: win2k core drivers

win2k core drivers

i have a 30 gig usb lacie external hard drive. now it doesnt need any drivers for win2k because win2k has a driver for it already. the problem is that the driver doesnt work, i get an error code 31:
    This device is not working properly because Windows can not load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

so any idea on what i can do? i know win2k has a built in driver because it worked on my sis' 2k installation.
    thanks

Yeah, win2K is not support harward good, if your drive isn't working with win200, you should try winXP. Or .NET Server 2003, any one know if .NET Server 2003 support driver good or not?

You might try to go to the company's website and see if they have a driver they wrote and tested for windows 2000 instead of using the windows default. That may help.
    Ben Franklin said it best. \"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.\"

The Iceman Cometh
    If it works on your sister's Windows 2000 installation, the problem is most likely either a hardware conflict or some other problems specific to your computer. First, make sure that you don't have it plugged into a USB Hub. Many external devices (especially hard drives) recommend that they be plugged directly into the computer's USB port because there is a higher likelihood of bytes being lost of they have to go through a hub.

Yeah, win2K is not support harward good, if your drive isn't working with win200, you should try winXP. Or .NET Server 2003, any one know if .NET Server 2003 support driver good or not?
    Actually, in my experience, Windows 2000 supports more hardware than Windows XP. Windows XP may have more built-in drivers, but there are many more third-party drivers available for Windows 2000 (and will probably remain that way for a while until Windows XP becomes more mainstream not only in the home, but in businesses as well).

Also, Windows 2003 Server driver support (at the moment) is absolutely horrible. Like XP, it has many drivers built-in, but the third-party support is nearly non-existant. Also, since Windows 2003 Server is designed for businesses (specifically for server applications), many of the hardware designed for consumers lacks Windows 2003 support.

AJ