Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the PRO that KNEW knothing

Exclamation the PRO that KNEW knothing

Thits is a Great site but i cant understand WHAT U R FOR-> I mean AO has a LEGION of hackers who gather HERE, on the other hand they dont want any crackers here(thats what I understand) .
    But arnt we all hackerz and crackerz allike.

Did you, in your three-piece psychology and 1950's technobrain, ever take a look behind the eyes of the hacker?

Did you ever wonder what made him tick, what forces shaped him, what may have molded him? I am a hacker, enter my world... Mine is a world that begins with school... I'm smarter than most of the other kids, this crap they teach us bores me... Damn underachiever.

They're all alike. I'm in high school. I've listened to teachers explain for the fifteenth time how to reduce a fraction. I understand it. "No, Ms. Smith, I didn't show my work. I did it in my head..." Damn kid. Probably copied it.

They're all alike. I made a discovery today.
    I found a computer. Wait a second, this is cool. It does what I want it to. If it makes a mistake, it's because I screwed it up.
    Not because it doesn't like me...
    Or feels threatened by me...
    Or thinks I'm a smart ass...
    Or doesn't like teaching and shouldn't be here... Damn kid.
    All he does is play games.

They're all alike.

And then it happened... a door opened to a world... rushing through the phone line like heroin through an addict's veins, an electronic pulse is sent out, a refuge from the day-to-day incompetencies is sought... a board is found.

"This is it... this is where I belong..." I know everyone here...
    even if I've never met them,
    never talked to them,
    may never hear from them again...
    I know you all...

Damn kid. Tying up the phone line again.

They're all alike...

You bet your ass we're all alike...
    we've been spoon-fed baby food at school when we hungered for steak...
    the bits of meat that you did let slip through were pre-chewed and tasteless.

We've been dominated by sadists,
    or ignored by the apathetic.

The few that had something to teach found us willing pupils, but those few are like drops of water in the desert.

This is our world now... the world of the electron and the switch, the beauty of the baud.

We make use of a service already existing without paying for what could be dirt-cheap if it wasn't run by profiteering gluttons.............and you call us criminals.

We explore.................................................and you call us criminals.
    We seek after knowledge..........................and you call us criminals.
    We exist without skin color,
    without nationality,
    without religious bias................................ and you call us criminals.

You build atomic bombs,
    you wage wars,
    you murder,
    cheat,
    and lie to us and try to make us believe it's for our own good,
    ....................................................................yet we're the criminals.

YES, I am a CRIMINAL.
    My crime is that of curiosity.
    My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, NOT what they look like.
    My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
    I am a hacker, and this is my manifesto. You may stop this individual, but you CAN'T stop us ALL... after all, WE'RE ALL ALLIKE+++HANDzCLEANx+++Thank you for reading and thinking

of "THE GOOD MEN YA PEOPLE" put in EXODUS

A HACKER is not a GOOD/BAD ,HE IS WHAT your LAW FORCED HIM TO BECOME.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am not even good or real hacker but i have THE KNOWLEDGE by my SIDE -> WE R ALL THE
    SAME

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sorry ABOUT the spelling- but ENGLISH and AFRIKAANS is jus mere WORDs NOTHING more

YOUr's TRULY:HANDzCLEANx
    ------------------------------------

Yes , Very nice post.But you forgot the - Mentor on the end there buddy
    "Serenity is not the absence of conflict, but the ability to cope with it."

Banned
    QUOTE:

***We explore.................................................and you call us criminals.
    without nationality,
    without religious bias................................ and you call us criminals.

You build atomic bombs,
    you wage wars,
    you murder,
    cheat,
    ....................................................................yet we're the criminals.

YES, I am a CRIMINAL.
    My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, NOT what they look like.
    My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
    I am a hacker, and this is my manifesto. You may stop this individual, but you CAN'T stop us ALL... after all, WE'RE ALL*****

Did you watch HACKERS too many times ...what's the point of this ....

Originally posted here by MemorY
    QUOTE:

***We explore.................................................and you call us criminals.
    without nationality,

You build atomic bombs,
    you wage wars,
    you murder,
    cheat,

YES, I am a CRIMINAL.
    I am a hacker, and this is my manifesto. You may stop this individual, but you CAN'T stop us ALL... after all, WE'RE ALL*****

Did you whatch HACKERS too many time ...what the point of this ....
    This dates back way before hackers. It's been floating around since the BBS days and is entitled Mentor's Last Words....or something like that... I haven't seen a copy of it in years, other than the occasional post it get's on message boards.

You bore me. If you do not like it here, go somewhere else and shut up.

Banned
    i know ...but most of the newbies get it from the movie ... maybe he did get it from Mentor

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    Did you, in your three-piece psychology and 1950's technobrain, ever take a look behind the eyes of the hacker?

Did you ever wonder what made him tick, what forces shaped him, what may have molded him? I am a hacker, enter my world... Mine is a world that begins with school... I'm smarter than most of the other kids, this crap they teach us bores me... Damn underachiever.
    Umm, why are you cutting and pasting the hacker manifesto here?

http://www.mithral.com/~beberg/manifesto.html

Thits is a Great site but i cant understand WHAT U R FOR-> I mean AO has a LEGION of hackers who gather HERE, on the other hand they dont want any crackers here(thats what I understand) .
    But arnt we all hackerz and crackerz allike.
    No, the majority of people here are information security professionals who are exchanging information to combat script kiddies and the like. If you took a little time to read the posts here you would understand this. Perhaps the title of the site isn't clear enough for you.
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

Originally posted here by MemorY
    i know ...but most of the newbies get it from the movie ... maybe he did get it from Mentor
    Prolly.. cuz he does have the entire thing. They stumble on some "hacking site" (I use the term very loosely), and then think they are "31337 hax0rs" who will rule the internet with their "m4d hax0ring sk1lls". Of course this text is always on the site and it gives their feeble minds justification for what they are doing. "Hey, yeah, every word in this is true, it's my duty to fight for freedom, but how do I do that... oh yeah I'll put Sub7 on my friends computer... that'll make me l33t"

Ok, maybe this will clear it up for you: crackers and lamers alike.

Hackers DO NOT like crackers because:

Crackers destroy, Hackers build, therefore they work against us.

Crackers think its ok to steal credit card numbers....Hackers are the ones building devices to secure them on a server.

Crackers get on the news for destroying, this makes script kiddies want to do that too....this annoys us all, not just hackrs. And when you make a post, dont pretend you made that up. everyone and there computer illiterate cousin knows that was from the mentor and used in that movie hackers....which if you watched youd see the bad guys never win. They only get lucky untill some real hackers come along and put them in there place (prison.)

Kwiep
    You can find this text in almost every selfrespecting hackers text archive. I think even AO has it.

edit:
    do we all have to be like kids here, people actually did respect this text for pretty seom while in the past. Everyone knows the text and we go complain about the source missing ? He was using it to make his point...
    Double Dutch