Help with Linux!

Thread: Help with Linux!

Angry Help with Linux!

Here's my situation: I have a dual boot win98/RH and I've been trying to setup a DSL connection in it. On Win98, I couldn't cuz I needed DUN.
    I downloaded it and tried to install it which caused my sysyem to freeze. I then rebooted and at the Lilo couldn't load DOS (saying "invalid disk error"). I tried to set up the DSL in Linux but after many sleepless nights, I gave up.
    So what I decided to do is to reformat the whole HD and reinstall RH and WIn98 again.
    Is that a good idea and if yes can somebody please tell me how to reformat a HD in Linux?
    Thanks
    \"Great spirits always encounter strong opposition from mediocre minds.\"
    Albert Einstein

Hrmm..

I'd suggest that you just fdisk and wipe everything out and create new partitions.

What are you running for RH... which version? I know newer versions will set-up your DSL right in the install.... when it does Configure Network Connections or whatever it's called.... However that was with Mandrake 8.1... but I'm sure RH is similar.

I have the 6.1 or 6.2.
    So all I have to do is fdisk but then which one should I reinstall first? I mean which will be easier and more convenient?
    Albert Einstein

Install the MS Product first.. otherwise if you go *nix -- Windows.. Windows will claim the mbr and overwrite your bootloader. Then to get into *nix you'll have to install a new bootloader or always use the bootdisk.

ok, thanks a lot!
    Albert Einstein