Thread: Forged Packet Generator

Forged Packet Generator

Hey folks, does anyone knows a good packet generator that allow to generate a packet as you wish, with a fancy GUI for FTP, SMTP, HTTP ... payloads.

I'm investigating abouty the risk of DoS of one of my cie product, and such a tool will be very helpful. I have a hardware generatot (Smartbit) but it will be very more easy to me to use a s/w one.

Thanx
    [shadow] SHARING KNOWLEDGE[/shadow]

nope..

but try googleing for anything with a cool GUI needing libpcap
    libpcap is the packet crafting library !!
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

AO Security for Non-Geeks tonybradley's Avatar
    A new tool was recently released on SourceForge that may be what you are looking for:

Packit is a network auditing tool. Its value is derived from its ability to customize, inject, monitor, and manipulate IP traffic. By allowing you to define (spoof) nearly all TCP, UDP, ICMP, IP, ARP, RARP, and Ethernet header options, Packit can be useful in testing firewalls, intrusion detection systems, port scanning, simulating network traffic, and general TCP/IP auditing. Packit is also an excellent tool for learning TCP/IP.

Packit requires libnet 1.1 or greater as well as libpcap. It has been successfully compiled and tested to run on FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD, MacOS X and Linux.
    You can download the tool from here: Packit

Hope that helps-

hi as far as windows is concerned......there are two with nice GUI and good options...

1. Packet Crafter...........it has everything u need every option u would wish for....
    can be downloaded from here size is 26 K zipped.

2. Vsniff.............dont have too many options but is good enuff..........can be downloaded from here

well as far as linux is concerned.....i dont know packet generator with GUI...may someone here knows............

also try ur search at packetstormsecurity.nl and astlavista.com using Packet Generator/Packet Editor/Packet Crafter as search term...i will try these when ever i am free and let u know if i find something nice.....may u come across that before me....
    guru@linux:~> who I grep -i blonde I talk; cd ~; wine; talk; touch; unzip; touch; strip; gasp; finger; mount; fsck; more; yes; gasp; umount; make clean; sleep;

I use one called "IP Sourcery" to generate packets to test my apps. It seems to work. It runs under Linux and has a nice (well, ok) GUI

Alongside ethereal (to capture the replies) I can experiment with the behaviour of software I'm testing.

I have used an application called Rafale X in the past - it's a packet builder for Windows. You may find it useful. The application is available at www.packx.net.
    - Maverick

A

Thanx all, but I didn't exactly found what I'm looking for (except maybe for Rafale X, I'll test it).
    Rafale X
    Moreover, Rafale X enables you to develop scripts allowing to automatize some tests, to save them and to repeat them as you wish.
    The following tools are included :
    - DNS LookUp
    - Finger
    - HTTP Header
    - Whois
    What I'm looking for is a piece s/w a bit like IPsorcery (from legion ) or Packit but with application extension included into the GUI.

I mean for instance to send proper HTTP/FTP/SMTP/DNS... packets and avoid to fill in the payload in hexa. And run script that allow me to send a seq of packets.
    Basically, sm1 who would exploit a failure will forge packet from the layer 2 to layer 7, I'd like to do exactly the same.

I do not intend to exploit anything illegal, I just want to check a point on which i'm suspicious on to one of my cie product.
    [shadow] SHARING KNOWLEDGE[/shadow]

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    Have you tried HPING? It runs on *nix. Perhaps that may help you out.

www.hping.org/download.html

--TH13
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden