Zip32.dll & Unzip32.dll

Thread: Zip32.dll & Unzip32.dll

Question Zip32.dll & Unzip32.dll

Has anyone ever had any success writing visual basic Programs using these free dlls from infozip ?

I am trying just now but I can't seem to find much information on them other than the fact they are free.

Banned
    Name: Zip32 And UnZip32 0.01

Environment:
    Delphi 2.0, Delphi 3.0, Delphi 4.0

Type: Freeware with Source

Description:
    Translation of the Info-Zip's Zip32.dll ( version 2.2 ) and UnZip32.dll ( version 5.4 ) header files to Pascal (Delphi). Demos and the dlls included. Create zip compatible files or uncompress zip files easily

Source : http://www.delphi32.com/vcl/3173/

that's all useful info i could find .. but i think you found that already

I think you can't use those dll'd because the are only compatible with Delphi ...

The Iceman Cometh
    Translation of the Info-Zip's Zip32.dll ( version 2.2 ) and UnZip32.dll ( version 5.4 ) header files to Pascal (Delphi). Demos and the dlls included. Create zip compatible files or uncompress zip files easily.
    To me, this simply looks like a Delphi program which was written to implement these dll files. If you know Pascal (Delphi) or are able to view the code and understand it at least to a certain extent, you can easily use these as a model to write your own implementation in whatever program you want.

AJ

Good Few Hours work but I got it unzipping.

Dlls + required files total just over 1mb including vb runtimes.

PM me for copy of source.

I have managed to get the blighter running completely now and it unzips any wip file to any directory with very little source code. I wrote a module for it and it all seems to work.

The compiled setup is to large to post but if anyone wants it let me know.

P.S this is free for commercial users which is why I bothered with it in the first place so all of you at companies to tight fisted to buy winzip(like mine) can use it free to unzip files and its GUI based.