Thread: North Korea's School for Hackers

North Korea's School for Hackers

In North Korea's mountainous Hyungsan region, a military academy specializing in electronic warfare has been churning out 100 cybersoldiers every year for nearly two decades.

full article:
    http://www.wired.com/news/politics/0,1283,59043,00.html

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    North Korea is not the only place doing this. The U.S. not only has a similar project but they also have a countermeasure group.

You can bet that any developed nation is aware that cyber warfare is certainly a reality. I wouldn't be surprised if down the road we see specialized military units actively promoting programs like this to get young people to enlist. Hell, if they had something like that when I joined up (public soliciatation that is) I would have gone for the keyboard instead of the rifle.

--TH13
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

the government has that program where you would enroll in specific university where they would fund it and your pretty much drafted to a government job right after for about 2 years before you become a public citizen again...

-w0rm3y

yea I just thought people might want to see the article. Didnt want to make it seem like an alarm or panic. Just goes to show how many nations are preparing for digital warfare.

Thanks for posting the link, I have been ntrested in this toic for a quite some time now and this gave good info. so Thanks again and keep up the good work.
    Everyone is going to die, I am just as good of a reason as any.

http://think-smarter.blogspot.com

Hey all--

Optiq, nice link, very interesting, though not surprising.

w0rm3y, you mentioned certain programs that governments are starting to fund relating to this. Do you or anybody else know of any related links to these groups? I think it would be interseting to scroll the page of one of these programs and see what they are all about.

Thanks again.

--Peace
    The real question is not whether peace can be obtained, but whether or not mankind is mature enough for it...

Banned
    UH OOOO, NOW WE COULD BE IN TROUBLE, HELP...

Good post thanks.
    \"Trying to outsmart a compiler defeats much of the purpose of using one.\" — Kernighan & Plauger, The Elements of Programming Style.