Animal Rights
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Animal Rights

Animal Rights

You have to see this. It's horrific how they treated this animal. I want so much to find that police officer and jump up and down on his chest for a few hours. That guy and his supervisor should be dragged through the streets for what they did.

http://peta.org/alert/automation/AlertItem.asp?id=734

Makes my stomach turn to even think that someone could treat a beautiful animal like that. How does the Baltimore Police Dept. expect people to respect them when they are "training" their dogs like this?

Any comments?
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

WOW...those of us with dogs know that flipping dog on back, necessary for obedience...picking dog up by neck and slamming dog into ground then landing with knees on dogs chest unnecessary. This is horrible.

(this next part is for any non US members here, Korp I know you understand this)
    Do not that not all US police abuse animals in their care, I have dealt with K( units before and in my admittedly limited experience it would seem that the Baltimore force is the exception and not the rule.
    On a positive note I got to watch some people get busted yester day and their dog taken away from them due to my actions...They left their dog in a car with the windows barely cracked for what would have been three hours while they went to the mall. I alerted a police officer of the situation, he unlocked the car, brought the dog into the back of his air-conditioned squad car (at risk to himself this being a unknown dog) and then busted them when they came out. Note the temperature was near 80 in the lot (much higher in the car) so the dog would have probably died if nothing was done.

Stupid people should be barred from having pets.
    Who is more trustworthy then all of the gurus or Buddha’s?

Reading up on the subject, it states, that a high percentage of cops beat their wives,childern, ect...what's going to stop him from beating a dog...personally, this makes me sick...but there's even a bigger problem here, and it's these control freak police members, that can't put a check on their temper. Beating the dog is only a sign, of more to come. . .personally, it frightens me.
    Because I am a woman, I must make unusual efforts to succeed. If I fail, no one will say, "She doesn't have what it takes"; They will say, "Women don't have what it takes".
    Clare Boothe Luce

I would like to know what the policeman will feel if his boss train him as he train his dog.

pain?
    Trappedagainbyperfectlogic.

Originally posted here by techtech
    Reading up on the subject, it states, that a high percentage of cops beat their wives,childern, ect...what's going to stop him from beating a dog...personally, this makes me sick...but there's even a bigger problem here, and it's these control freak police members, that can't put a check on their temper. Beating the dog is only a sign, of more to come. . .personally, it frightens me.
    Not to split hairs or get off the subject...
    A high percentage? Being that I grew up in a household with a police officer (my father) and having been around many, many, many police families I'd have to say that that is incorrect. Granted, being a police officer is fairly underappreciated profession (understatement) and that may very well lead to some resentment but to make a blanket statement like that furthers the stereotype that "all cops are violent".

Sorry, you just hit a nerve.

Back to the regulary scheduled program.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

About the cop abusing the dog, I wonder how would the cop react if the dog in question was a huge untrained pitbull?
    I don't think it would have been the same.
    Just my opinion
    \"Great spirits always encounter strong opposition from mediocre minds.\"
    Albert Einstein

Sorry Korp, didn't mean to strike a nerve, it just got me thinking about cops...I didn't mean to blanket statement that the majority of cops are abusive. By far, many are fair and decent people. I have a high respect for them, I guess the point I was trying to make (granted, I did it poorly) was out of most professions, it is law enforcement that has a higer percentage of people who are abuseive, more so, then any other professions...Again, I apologize...

The majority of Police Officers are under appreciated, well respectable, very honorable people who put their lives on the line for us everyday.
    Because I am a woman, I must make unusual efforts to succeed. If I fail, no one will say, "She doesn't have what it takes"; They will say, "Women don't have what it takes".
    Clare Boothe Luce

Disgruntled Postal Worker fourdc's Avatar
    Geez. For once I have to agree with PETA (people eating tasty animals, right?)

Most of the time they're out there, way out there.

I had an uncle that was a K9 officer. I never sen a guy cry so hard as when his "partner" died.
    ddddc

"Somehow saying I told you so just doesn't cover it" Will Smith in I, Robot

eh....

Originally posted here by techtech
    Sorry Korp, didn't mean to strike a nerve, it just got me thinking about cops...I didn't mean to blanket statement that the majority of cops are abusive. By far, many are fair and decent people. I have a high respect for them, I guess the point I was trying to make (granted, I did it poorly) was out of most professions, it is law enforcement that has a higer percentage of people who are abuseive, more so, then any other professions...Again, I apologize...

The majority of Police Officers are under appreciated, well respectable, very honorable people who put their lives on the line for us everyday.
    Apology, humbly, acccepted. Didn't mean to put you on the defensive, like I said, it just struck a nerve, that's all. No hard feelings.

I do think, however, that there is a higher percentage of , say, professional boxers, that are abusers, than police officers.

Anyway, peace.

P.S. My feelings exactly, fourdc. This surprised the hell out of me.
    - Samuel Johnson