Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is with it saying proxy detected

Banned

What is with it saying proxy detected

What is with it saying proxy detected under neath the amount of posts iv made?? and above the tutorials posted??
    please inform me of this if u know...
    thanks...

Banned
    So is it a good thing that it is being publacized, i havnt seen anyother ppl with it detected thats all...

Banned
    test...

Banned
    Negative waht do u mean when u say tese??

Negative what exactly do u mean when u say test??
    (sorry 4 dub post was correcting spelling)

Banned
    test2

Banned
    ok so how can i get rid of it "hide it" from public view??

Banned
    Tammy > I just tested it, and it works...
    If it says you're using a proxy, you probably are. Try this... does it say you're using a proxy? If so, do a Google on htpp/socks/whatever-proxies... to summarize: yes, it *can* be a good thing... There are loads of posts on AO explaining what a proxy is...

Banned

How did u test it?? p.s verry cute bitmap, ok thats weird...
    please explain what that ment

Banned
    What is an HTTP proxy?
    When you use a web browser (such as Netscape's Communicator or Microsoft's Internet Explorer) to view web pages from the Internet, the browser uses HTTP (Hyper-Text Transfer Protocol) to request the text and images from the remote server. These requests are made directly from your browser to the remote machine. HTTP also allows you to use an intermediary to make the requests on your behalf. Such an intermediary is known as a proxy server.

When configured to use a proxy, your browser makes HTTP requests to the proxy instead of going directly to the remote host. In turn, the proxy makes the same request on your behalf. The idea was developed originally to allow folks working on a private network hiding behind a secure firewall egress through the firewall to HTTP servers on the outside. The proxy was part of the firewall and its use would further enhance security by disguising the origin of the HTTP request.

This idea has been elaborated upon in recent years to provide other enhancements to HTTP.

http://mikhed.narod.ru/en/free_proxy/faq/ ( for newbies and advanced user FAQ's on Proxy )

Just for the heck of it I found a public proxy and am usiing it right now but it sure does slow my internect connection down. I am using dial up, but this is ridicuously slow with the proxy server.
    =