Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: my firewall is crazy!

Cool firewall stuff

i was getting alot fu```ing alerts on zonealarm
    after few days my computer crashed... i found lots of exploits and other stuff in my \windows directory
    i installed new xp into my box
    i thought that it was a network problem but after another few days it crashed again
    funny
    very
    i suppose that the problem was p2p program like kazaa imesh and other like that
    after another reinstallation i don't get any curious alerts
    for conclusion: get rid of all your p2p progs, update your winz, download nukenabber zonealarm and other stuff, be paranoid it helps
    for som\' **** from lithuania

It's always amazing when you first turn on a firewall isn't it? People are like OMG!!!

did have THE CLEANER but my 30 day trial ran out. is there any other programs that can clean and delet any trjans that are on my pc.
    There are many useful programs out there and some antiviral users are like Windows and Nix users, they are loyal to specific camps. I have McAfee installed and set to update my scanner files every night. Normally they only release a new file every week but you may miss the emergency releases if you wait a week. That has burned my in the past. www.mcaffe.com or www.nai.com I have also used Norton and it's very good as well. In fact they are always coming out on top of one another in lab tests. There are also good free ones but I like McAfee, I know it inside out and know how to tweak it. Downside is, you will have to pay for a subscription to keep the virus signatures up to date.

it wouln't let be play monoply online wit others (lol i know im a geek) so i was just wonderin if i dissable it, if i will be fine
    It's ok to let it pass Monopoly; after all - if you can't play on-line games then you are missing out on some real fun. Just be careful and do not shut the firewall off. Let it prompt you for access or if you trust the game server give it access and you won't be prompted when you connect. I turn my firewall off sometime to trouble shoot, you are ok for a little while, just have some scanner that scans files when they are accessed. Oh and you noted you use Kazaa, that's cool but make sure you have all the Paranoid tools on when you use it.

Peace.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.