Thread: keylogger??

keylogger??

i'm confused...i thought keylogger was something that would log any keystrokes performed somehow somewhere...big question for me is "where" ?? looks like i got this thing running on my comp just to see how it works but i can't find the log ...

thx for the help ...

Normally when you install a keylogger it gives you the choice where you want to put the log. Either read the help file that came with our keylogger or reinstall it and look at all the screens that come up

nope

yea...well this one doesn't...all it does is give me a little screen that tells me that i might be watched...( well i suppose that's for whoever is supposedly messing with my comp ) and then you say yes for aknowledging that fact and that's it...

hm...is this thing suppose to just scare people off i don't know

let me know what you think

which keylogger are you using do a search in google for another one if you just want to see how any of them work

hm...i guess...i used the one from this site...achtung.exe
    strange....well...thx for the help

this product does not seem to be up on there website anymore try and download a different keylogger

AO Part Timer

just for refrence

Just for future refrence you might try this anti-keylogger site.
    Your heart was talking, not your mind.
    -Tiger Shark

FYI...keyloggers don't have write to a file...they can send the data to a remote system also....Some keyloggers could possibly use a small config file also to configure it, not necessarily a gui configuration utility...just something to look into...

Try uninstalling it.
    Use Tauscan Trojan Remover from here:
    http://www.agnitum.com/download/
    to remove the keylogger then try reinstalling it again and remember where you choose to put it.
    I hope this helps
    \"Great spirits always encounter strong opposition from mediocre minds.\"
    Albert Einstein

If your keylogger logs to a file YOU may search it by the date of its creation. for example today on your computer are probably created a few files so check them using find option on your computer. If you are using Linux I dont know how to do this.
    If you want to lead the people you must follow them.

www.homomultimedia.com