Questions

Thread: Questions

Questions

Alright, I have a few questions that I'd like to ask everyone.

What is a great, easy to use, awesome, nice looking windows shell (ie: Geoshell)? I didn't like Geoshell and it always broke my computer and lagged it very badly.

Also, What is a nice C++ complier thing? I'm very new to C++ but newbie experienced in Visual Basic. So I would like something Visual for C++. My friend tells me Mircosoft's Visual C++ is not good. So, yeah. I have never used it or anything.

Um.. I have another question but I have forgotten it.. hm.. what was it?

Oh yeah, linux.. Is RH Linux good for a beginner? If not or there is better or anything. What? I have read that it is really whatever you want..

Well I'm sure I have more questions.. I'll just edit this post or something later if I remeber the others.

OH YES! When Dual-Booting Linux and WinXP which do I install first and well just is it easy? and what is a choice program to help me dual-boot.. like Bootmagic, I believe it's called. Thanks for all replys.

Banned
    Well To your linux question, people say mandrake is better than redhat for newbies but i dont really see the difference so you can just go ahead if you want to get redhay.

About the C++ compiler, I like Dev C++ from BLoodshed and you can get it from here:
    http://download.com.com/3120-20-0.ht...2B&tg=dl-2001.
    Based on my experience, I think RH is very fit for beginners. And if you get the bundled edition, you are really gonna like the customer service.
    About the dual-booting, I recommend installing WinXP first then Linux because, if you start with Linux, Windows is gonna take over some of the partitions during its own installation.
    I hope this helps.
    \"Great spirits always encounter strong opposition from mediocre minds.\"
    Albert Einstein

Hello LiquidWhore WELCOME to AO!!!!

What is a great, easy to use, awesome, nice looking windows shell (ie: Geoshell)? I didn't like Geoshell and it always broke my computer and lagged it very badly.
    Well here is a thread I made about the shells . On the site to the right you should see "VS" next to ex Rainfire, Bluefire those are shells, skins . http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=243182

lagged it very badly
    I can fix that to here is a thread I made to http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=243312 .

I hope I see you around here (This is a Great no the best web site in the world)

And Welcome again!!!!
    Cya --d00dz--
    First you listen, then you do, finally you teach.
    Duck Hunting Chat
    VirtualConvenience
    RROD