Thread: i wonder who is banned???

i wonder who is banned???

i just saw remote_access being stated as banned from AO...even though he has a lot of geens underneath him....i suppose the people with somme good amount of reddies were the only ones being banned.....so how come he is banned??? what is the exact cretiria to ban a person.....??
    guru@linux:~> who I grep -i blonde I talk; cd ~; wine; talk; touch; unzip; touch; strip; gasp; finger; mount; fsck; more; yes; gasp; umount; make clean; sleep;

This has been asked many times before. Some members were banned for abuse of the board. Since I do not know all the circumstances other than rumors and other postings, all I can really say for sure is abuse of the AntiPoint system (mostly). The criteria for a banning can be many things and is to the discrection of the moderators and members. That's why there is an AP system.

I have seen some people get banned from one thread. Just use your head and basic common sense and you should do juuust fine.

Hope this helps

Jack

is there a charter where it states what would constitute from being banned?

-w0rm3y

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    Remote Acessess was banned for giving negative antipoints to people with abusive statements.

You will also be banned for signing other poeples nic's, forming an aliance, and for other forms of abuse. If you think something might be wrong, don't do it.

At least that was the idea that JP followed. We will see what jupiter does because someone has been assigning negative antipoints under both my name and debwalin's. They do not hit for as many points as either of us do, but they still hit for over 20 points so they obviously have a few greens. I am still waiting to hear something about that situation though.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

Banned
    i think they should put the users name with the AP assignment .... but again if somebody sees that he has been negged by let's say "souleman" next trime he's gonna neg Souleman .. im curious what the solution will be

ps: i just searchedthe FAQ and didnt find it or didnt see it .... how many positive AP's do you have to have to become a Platinum Member ?

tx in advance

Some Assembly Required ShagDevil's Avatar
    It's a double edged sword here at AO. Just like anything else, if you give anyone too much power, any system becomes corrupt. 'Absolute power corrupts absolultely'.
    On the same token, no one wants to be stripped of their right to partake in opinion because of one bad apple. The problem doesn't exist in the AO antipoint system, it's human irrationality that's the problem.

*note- My apologies for not offering a solution as I have yet to find one for something that's plagued every form of structured government since the dawn of mankind.
    The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his - George Patton

Originally posted here by souleman
    Remote Acessess was banned for giving negative antipoints to people with abusive statements.

You will also be banned for signing other poeples nic's, forming an aliance, and for other forms of abuse. If you think something might be wrong, don't do it.
    can u pls illustrate what you want to say...i mean you said "Remote Acessess was banned for giving negative antipoints to people with abusive statements." How do u know that he was assigning negs...when you are supposed not to know abt it who assigned what to whom? and secondly you said "You will also be banned for signing other poeples nic's" and "someone has been assigning negative antipoints under both my name and debwalin's"...someone?? he can only do this if he know your password..cant u change it??
    guru@linux:~> who I grep -i blonde I talk; cd ~; wine; talk; touch; unzip; touch; strip; gasp; finger; mount; fsck; more; yes; gasp; umount; make clean; sleep;

NullDevice ... I can only guess that Remote Access was tracked via logs by the system adminstrators after complaints were received and investigated or maybe he told the wrong person what he was doing, I cant really answer that one.

You don't know who has assigned AP's as it is at the present moment unless the person decides to put their name in the comment section of the AP assignment. The AP system is anonymous at present.

The problem has been some less mature users have assigned AP's ... added their sometimes not-so-nice comment and typed another users name at the end of it, giving the impression that it was that user who sent the AP assignment. So passwords have nothing to do with it.

If you feel you are falling victim to abuse you need to PM the administrators of this site and outline your plight. I am sure they take all complaints seriously.