Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keylogged by relatives

Keylogged by relatives

Hereby the incredible story of a kid that found out a simple Keylogger to rob $10,000 to its
    parents...

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,2521505a11,00.html

Morality, be paranoïd even with your child. And restrict access rights to your home puter to the minimum. Or .... don't have child !!!

(God, I've 3 of them... I'm in deep ****... )
    [shadow] SHARING KNOWLEDGE[/shadow]

steal money to play an Internet game called Counter-Strike.
    what a sad world we live in...

Counter-Strike rox, w00t!

Thanks for the best giggle all day!
    Now i know why i dont have any kids!

The perils and addictions of on line gaming....
    Nice to see the comment about young 'uns taking 10 minutes to get a grip of new methods....

Cheers
    Who Cares Wins

I Guess the lesson to be learned is if you have kids teah them how to be hackers so they dont end up script kiddes and if you dont have kids your life will be easier with out them

hmm....interesting!
    Beware Clarity! A person talking to you in clear language is clearly using obsolete ideas.

now, i'm not a CS player. How much does it really cost per month, and how far would $10,000 get you?
    i\'m starting to think that i\'m bound to always be the first guy on the second page of the thread.

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    HAHAHAHAH!!!

Yes, I also have 3 kids but they have no real interest in computers and gaming - thank God!

On the other hand, they are all females so I'm sure that far worse things await me!

Very nice laugh, although frightening at the same time.

--TH13
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

I hate the media.
    How is it that some script kiddie installing a key logger is considered "Hacking"?
    He downloads some shitey key logger with a trojan that sends info back to its maker off kazaa, he gets a virus while he's at it, then he installs the key logger on his parents computer, gets their bank account info be sheer luck. Proceeds to go to the banking web site (still in the url cache of M$ explorer) types in their user name and password and is said to be a "hacker".
    Excuse me, but what the ***** has our media come to?

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    Excuse me, but what the ***** has our media come to?
    Don't even get me started on that.....

The unfortunate reality is that the media is very similar to upper management in that they know buzz words and they can even associate them with specific actions only many times their ignorance and high level view is completely off base from the technical reality of any given situation. Make sense?
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

Originally posted here by sickyourIT
    now, i'm not a CS player. How much does it really cost per month, and how far would $10,000 get you?
    When I played it, which was only about a month, it cost something like $30 just for the game after that it was free. I supose you could rent a server and that would cost more or join some subscription based server but there are many free servers open for the public.

Now that I've read the artile more close, it seems that he was using the stolen money to buy time on cybercafe computers.