Direct Cable Connection ???
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Direct Cable Connection ???

Question Direct Cable Connection ???

I want to setup a Direct Cable Connection between win-xp computer and win-2000 computer; objective is to transfer few files from xp computer to 2000 computer. Treat me as a dummy 8>))
    (-:IF U R A HACKER TRY TO BE ON POINT,IT SAVES TIME:-)

Here's some links for a peer-2-peer ethernet.

http://www.ctlow.ca/HomeNetwork/SmallNetwork.html
    http://www.makeitsimple.com/how-to/simple.htm

That should get you headed in the right direction.Hope it helps.

-Maestr0
    \"If computers are to become smart enough to design their own successors, initiating a process that will lead to God-like omniscience after a number of ever swifter passages from one generation of computers to the next, someone is going to have to write the software that gets the process going, and humans have given absolutely no evidence of being able to write such software.\" -Jaron Lanier

breakdown: use a crossover cable (not a patch cable) directly between the two, set up a local network with same subnet masks, make windows shares, share files, delete those shares when ur done.
    i\'m starting to think that i\'m bound to always be the first guy on the second page of the thread.

there is also a usb direct connection software. i would invest money on a hub so that you could share internet connection as well.

-w0rm3y

Up to my knowledge Direct Cable Connection(DCC), includes a Printer port to printer port cable ( a cable which has printer port on both ends). Well thanx for my friends but Iam searching for this only.

Dead Man Walking
    Oh wow thats got to be kinda old like back in the days before NIC's or something. Ive never heard of that and i dont know why anybody would want to do it that way. It would be MUCH faster and easier to do it the way sickyourIT said to do it.

Lightbulb Yes! I know Nut what about U.?

I agree, but both the systems are having diffrences like.

Only 1 has modem
    Only 1 has a network card

Netwoking donot say old is bad, every thing is good for some.
    The best is cost effective, I am not going to buy any h/w if it is possible wihout spending any.
    Remember : few files.

Dead Man Walking
    why not just use a disc? or do you not have a cd burner? It would be easier. Im not sure if windows even still suports the kind of networking your talking about

What u r man!

Do u know some thing HELP in windows.
    Try typing Direct Cable Connetion

Go for netwok connection-> make new conn.-> mannual->Diect Cable Connection........

Iam not able to do it properly, so I post it here but Iam shocked people r asking about support.

Oh my GOD! HACKER.......?????

You need a null modem cable.. It runs off of your parallel/serial port. Here is the first link I came across doing a google search...

http://www.vision.net.au/~timotsc/null/nullmodem.htm

I think the fastest rate you can get is 19.2... but you won't have to buy anything except for the cable. You can also just buy an adapter that goes on one end of the p. cable. I'm suprised nobody else has every done this as it is still the way to connect to many types of hardware devices that only have CLI interfaces.