Thread: battle.net hijacked???

Exclamation battle.net hijacked???

Ok, I just had the craziest idear while playing Warcraft iii (good game, helpa programmer somewhere and go out and buy it!) anyway, for a game like that to work, information must be past from one computer through the server and distributed to every one... For example, i move a unit over there, it has to send the information to every one that the unit is now over there, it has to send lots of information at once so it does this by sending packets...

So anyway i was thinking would it be at all possible for people to say make a program that would, instead of sending game information, send say, virus code and therefor infect every one who was playing on that server? if this was possible would there be anyway to scan the packets real fast that you are receiving to make sure that it is real game data?

thanx - stink

Stink,

WCIII rules! I play every night. I believe that all those "packets" do go through Blizzards servers, which are probably "secure". There is a delay, commonly referred to as "lag", in which everyones "screen" is updated.

Oh, by the way, i am just guessing here. But it sounds good. no?

Just Thinking,
    retfarcratS

Stink,

WCIII rules! I play every night. I believe that all those "packets" do go through Blizzards servers, which are probably "secure". There is a delay, commonly referred to as "lag", in which everyones "screen" is updated.

Oh, by the way, i am just guessing here. But it sounds good. no?

Just Thinking,
    retfarcratS

lol