Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Net? Free? Open? What BSD

Kwiep
    It doesn't mather wether you gain anything, you sell them anyway. You can only have a suse cd if you bought it, else there's only a ftp install possible... And I believe (so not 100% sure) copying those cd's isn't allowed, in the case of suse...
    Double Dutch

neel> I think SuSE is still under the GPL, and sell you the CD's for revenue. If one was to do an FTP install, I am sure you csn make ISO's and redistribute them. However, I think you cannot redistribute the "commercial" versions with proprietary software with non-open source/freeware licesnses.

Since they give it away free anyway.

I think that since they give it away free anyway for download that me copying a few ISOs to help my friends at antionline isn't a big issue.

Anyhoo. Its people like us who recomend these products for purchase to our companies etc therefor I'm actually doing them a favour as well.

Kwiep
    I did mean the commercial version because that's the only cd version out there. I know, like I said it's avaiable for download and I know about GPL etc. etc. I just heard of my friends it isn't legal to copy htose suse cd's. I don't care for whatever purpose you do it, I just want to say it's illegal to do so. They probably won't sue you for it or anything and I don't give a **** whatever you do. I just say it ain't allowed. That once was one sentence I need to waste 3 posts for to make clear.
    You could go to any linux download site... for instance www.linuxiso.org and you won't find any suse iso's. The cd's cost money, the files are free, the compilation of the files on a cd cost money, the compilation of yer own cd from the ftp server is free. I didn't think that up.
    Double Dutch

neel> calm down. I lub you anyway.

Let's do lunch and drink a beer to SuSE.

O.K,

The Distro Disks I compiled now have a few new Items on them (12gb Approx)

1. Net Bsd
    2. Free Bsd
    3. Open Bsd
    4. Redhat Linux.
    5. Suse Linux
    6. Connectiva
    7. College Linus
    8. Turbo Linux
    9. Knoppix
    10. Gentoo Linux
    11. Mandrake Linux
    12. Slackware Linux.

Slight Increase in price to cover the number of disks needed. £20 for the lot including postage to anywhere. (members who are closer will be paying the balance on members who are further away.)

Any other distros or huge downloads you want to see added to the collection PM me or post in this forum.

BIOS Bomber
    Yea howabout XENIX? or maybe DOS? BeOS?
    "When in doubt, use Brute Force."

Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Meh. I like OpenBSD the best. But that's just my pref.

That is all.
    Loki