Thread: Help with uninstalling

Help with uninstalling

I had installed this game...strongholdcrusader.....the problem is it doesn't uninstall now....i have tried using the inbuilt uninstall programe and the control panel..btw i use win XP....really in need of help..thx in advance

You can delete the folder from your "Program Files".

Arrow

i have done that already....infact i have searched for the files with the relevant name and deleted all of them...the only problem is refuses to go from the control panel add-remove programs..and when i try to install the game again it gives me only the uninstall icon since it thinks the game is installed

Search your registry using regedit32 for files related to the game (name, etc) if you find a registry key, delete it.

PS: Back-up your registry first.

Cheers:
    DjM

http://www.winguides.com/registry/display.php/110/

Let me know if there are any problems with the URL.

/neb
    There is only one constant, one universal, it is the only real truth: causality. Action. Reaction. Cause and effect...There is no escape from it, we are forever slaves to it. Our only hope, our only peace is to understand it, to understand the 'why'. 'Why' is what separates us from them, you from me. 'Why' is the only real social power, without it you are powerless.

(Merovingian - Matrix Reloaded)

Banned
    If the worst comes to the worst back up ALL of your files/folders/sw ect and format your HD *hard drive* and start all over again.

just a thought 4 a worst case senario

Since you are using Xp I would try a restore point that was a day before you installed the game. it has worked for me in the past if that does not work Wiping the Hd is the last thing I would do hope that helps ya

Just blow it out of the registry (back up the registry first.) Ihave found that on occasion regedit32 wont do the trick so I useualy jsut go with regedit. Do not wipe the hard drive.
    Who is more trustworthy then all of the gurus or Buddha’s?

i have deleted the registry subkey and it has worked..thx a lot for your help..antionline bales me out again....)