Thread: Award BIOS Setting...

Post Award BIOS Setting...

Can anyone tell me how to set the Award BIOS setting on the top of performance or tell me where I can get the tips about BIOS setting, because what I know is when we bought a new pc, all the BIOS setting is set at default setting.

My Specifications is:

AMD Athlon 1700+
    Epox 8KHA+ M/B
    WinFast GeForce FX 5200 128MB
    266DDR Kingston RAM 512MB
    40GB Maxtor HDD
    WinFast TV Tuner XP
    Windows XP Pro SP1

JohnHACK needs help.....

AO's Mr Grumpy
    On booting your machine, it is normally the Delete key which will take you to the setup utility, but be careful, do not just mess around with your setting's. If you do not have an instruction manual for your motherboard, I would reccomend you take a note of your existing setting's before changing anything. You will probably get the spec, details etc for your particular bios on the Award web site. Hope this helps
    Computer says no
    (Carol Beer)

I already know about that jm459, what I want to know is how to set the value because i'm afraid my MB will be damage if the setting is not fit. Any idea??

JohnHACK....

guru@linux:~> who I grep -i blonde I talk; cd ~; wine; talk; touch; unzip; touch; strip; gasp; finger; mount; fsck; more; yes; gasp; umount; make clean; sleep;

AO's Mr Grumpy
    Please specify , exactly which value? or setting are you wanting to change, and why ?
    Computer says no
    (Carol Beer)

Most current Award BIOS have a "Performance" Setting.. When You read your motherboard Manual, (if you don't have one you may find it in PDF format on your motherboard's driver CD or d/l it from the manufacturers website).. ooops.. When you read your motherboard manual you will read the appropriate warnings their regarding the "Top Performance settings"..
    If your are wanting to "Overclock" the board.. read the links that NullDevice supplied..
    read the warnings.. many time even peak performance is more about compramise than all settings "on Full"..

Cheers

(BTW: noticed you have been reading the Tut's.. good on ya)
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

jm459, I just want to make my PC on the of performance..... Got any Idea??

AO's Mr Grumpy
    I do not have an award bios on my m/c but, as already stated by Und3rtak3r you will have a "performance" setting of some type. If it is similar to the Amibios, there are two settings;-
    Load optimal setting y/n
    Load best performance setting y/n
    The choice would be up to you, then save settings and exit. I always ensure that (if possible) I have an instruction manual for any motherboard I have, it saves a lot of trouble when working on your machine or considering upgrades etc.
    Computer says no
    (Carol Beer)

Keep in mind folks that default settings, whether they are "performance" settings or not, aren't always the best bet. Depending on the type of RAM, processor, video card, thewse things can have adverse effects.

My first bit of advice to you would be to learn how to reset your bios back to the default without having to enter into BIOS (hint-there's a jumper, usually). In my much earlier years I had a tendency to make my motherboard not respond and I had to switch a jumper to reset everything. Having to learn by myself with no Internet at the time you can imagine how many times I had to use that little jumper.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson