Thread: am i infected from a virus??

am i infected from a virus??

hi folks

i am using Win XP Pro....and Office XP.... my prob is when ever ui open any app that have a text box or some other box to type in automatically "if.." is typed without any reasons....sometimes i am unable to move the scroll bar ..i move i down it sgoes back to the position i started from ....well i reject backdoor/trojan on my PC as it also happents when i am not connected to the n/w..... tried scanning with updated definations from norton....but i doest show any virus...
    anybody has any idea
    guru@linux:~> who I grep -i blonde I talk; cd ~; wine; talk; touch; unzip; touch; strip; gasp; finger; mount; fsck; more; yes; gasp; umount; make clean; sleep;

at first i was thinking a Macro, check out some of the macors you may have recorded in Office, are you sure something isnt just hitting your keyboard? whats usually happening when this happens? do you use kazaa or any other P2P things?

Use any other AV program just to scan your PC. Scan your PC from on-line AV vendors to see what happens. There a re lots of them.
    That was all folks!
    http://www.virusinfo.bz/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

http://security.symantec.com/ssc/hom...WFYJOKMFIDPMSV

That's Symatec's online anti virus scan.
    [shadow]There is no right and wrong, only fun and boring...
    Formatting my server because someone hacked into it sounds pretty boring to me...
    That\'s why it\'s all about AntiOnline.com!
    [/shadow]

it's probably a VB macro you got from a word or power-point program.

Yep .. i think it is macro like what gore said, but not for sure till u scann ur computer with the lastest update of AntiVirus. SO check it out first mate.
    When I lay me down to sleep, Pray the LORD my soul to keep.
    If I die before i wake, Pray the LORD my soul to take.

http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=389

i gonna defibately scan myself online
    guru@linux:~> who I grep -i blonde I talk; cd ~; wine; talk; touch; unzip; touch; strip; gasp; finger; mount; fsck; more; yes; gasp; umount; make clean; sleep;

Hmm I have seen this somewhere B4.. just can't place the full story..

I know that in Office XP if you had the Speech recognition engine enabled you would get RANDOM characters typed in some office documents.. but that dosen't explain "if.."
    I would visit the M$ KB pages and see if your symptoms are listed there as well as AV scanns..

While Mal-ware is highly probable, you could have a funny setting, caused by a recent installation of a prog, a corrupted office file or similar.. I haven't heard of parsite/adware/spyware causing this sort of a symptom..

Cheers
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

i think Und3rtak3r has got it right i installed speech recognization installed but i got some error i cant recall and dint tried next but whenever i try to open Word it says tries to install something but gails and gives an error and then continues normally it all started after installing speech recognization

Hai!
    If trojans are compressed with older versions of aspack it is impossible to trace them with av so plz remove them manually.Check while n/w any unnecessary ports are opened and ban them in ur firewall and recommend u to download "tiny personal firewall" or else create urself one(its easy) and ur problem is solved.
    Sorry about Office Xp just reinstall............