Enabling a PPPoE as a service on windows xp

hope you guys enjoy my tutorial took me a while to write

HTRegz Enabling PPPoE As a Service in Windows XP Today 09:25 PM

| Assign Positive or Negative AntiPoints To This Post
    HTRegz []
    AntiOnline Senior Member

Tutorials Posted: 2

Mood: tired
    Reason: Sleep?? I forget what that is... I've watched the sun come up everday this week
    Mood Updated:
    04-11-2003 05:20 AM

Enabling PPPoE As a Service in Windows XP posted Today 09:25 PM
    (post #1)

Enabling PPPoE (DSL) as a Service in Windows XP.
    By HTRegz

After responding to cheyenne1212's thread (http://www.antionline.com/showthrea...threadid=244551) on creating a batch file to automatically connect his DSL when he logs in, I started thinking about an easier way to do this. I came home from work and found that my power was out, which meant my website was offline... so I wanted a way to automatically connect when the system powers on. Here is a short tutorial on configuring your PPPoE connection as a service on your system in Windows XP. This could be easily modified and used to install anything as a service, but here it is specifically for PPPoE connections.

Files required:
    rasdial.exe (Located in %systemroot%/system32/)
    instsrv.exe (Located in zip at the end of this tutorial)
    srvany.exe (Located in zip at the end of this tutorial)
    regedit.exe (Located in %systemroot%/)

File Background
    rasdial.exe - Starts a network connection using a specified entry.
    instsrv.exe - Install a file as a service.
    srvany.exe - Allows you to run any application as a service. srvany.exe is the service which loads the application.
    regedit.exe - Allows a user to edit the registry (Use CAUTION with this Tool)

Step-by-Step Process

1) Extract the contents of the attached zip to %systemroot%/system32.
    2) In a Command Prompt type instsrv <Service Name> %systemroot%/system32/srvany.exe. <Service Name> the name you want your new service to appear as in Services Panel (Located in Administrative Tools)
    3) Using RegEdit.exe browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic
    es\<Service Name>
    4) Right click on <Service Name> and create a New Key. Name the key Parameters.
    5) Right click inside the Paramaters key and create a new String Value. Name the value Application
    6) Modify the Value Data so that it reads rasdial.exe <Connection Name> <username> <password>. **Note** You can obtain your <Connection Name> by right clicking on your PPPoE Connection shortcut and going to properties, then the shortcut tab. In the target box the portion after -d is your connection name.
    7) Browse to Start --> Administrative Tools (All Programs --> Administrative Tools) --> Services. Scroll down to your <Service Name> and right click and click Start.
    8) Congrats your PPPoE connection is now a service on your computer. By default it should be set to start automatically and will connect everytime you boot your computer.

Hopefully all you PPPoE users will find this beneficial, and those of you who want to create your own services might also find this helpful.

Peace
    --HT

I'll apologize for the language right of the bat.. but OH MY ****ING GOD

What the hell is this bullshit? I just spent over an hour writing that damn tutorial... I post it here and this ****ing bastard has the nerve to copy it and repost it saying it's his own and it took him a while to write despite the fact that he left my name on it, and forgot to copy over the files needed for it. Wow... my blood is boiling right now.... I just wish I could neg you more than once for stealing my ****, you don't deserve to be a part of AO....

great tutorial man i loved it it really helps me

Originally posted here by ts.flatline
    great tutorial man i loved it it really helps me
    DIE!!!! OMG I'm so hoping a lot of newbies die tonight.... time to go calm down.. I'll be back in a few hours.

what are you talkin about ******* i wrote that you stole it from me

Originally posted here by Jewish
    what are you talkin about ******* i wrote that you stole it from me

Then why the **** does it have my name on it dumbass and why did I post it before you.

Can we insitute some kind of screening for newbies? Get rid of these ****ing retards.

it says all that because i couldnt find the .txt file that YOU STOLE FROM ME WHEN YOU TROJANED ME so i had to copy and paste it as fast as i could form your STOLE VER. so thats why YOU ANUS

Banned
    HTRegz i'll neg him for you

Then why the **** does it have my name on it dumbass and why did I post it before you.
    WTF!!!!!!!!!! damn this is so funny, is this kid joking? Now am starting to feel sorry about this kid. Lol this is going In Tect humor I have to put it to funny........

Cya --DzA--
    First you listen, then you do, finally you teach.
    Duck Hunting Chat
    VirtualConvenience
    RROD

Man look at other posts before you go ahead and start posting a tut.

Ht Regz already posted this, as everybody else does. Besides it has his name written all over it. dumb ass

This is just about one of those things where I have to be asleep or something to believe this Bull ****.

The truth of this whole thing is HT Regz worked on this tut to help me, and other people out, and this little ******* decided it would be a smart thing for him to copy it and call it is own.

Just unbelievable.
    =