View Poll Results: Do you believe in god?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

23 58.97%
  • No

16 41.03%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ad-aware or Spybot S&D??

Question Ad-aware or Spybot S&D??

Greetz!!

Just wondering what the ppl, who make AO the best security site around, think of which is the best all-round spyware remover.

Thanks (in advance) for your feedback
    [shadow]]I\'m not really here......
    You just think I am......[/shadow]

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    I've used Ad Aware for quite some time and I have always been a big fan. Then I tried out Spybot recently and I foond that it does a superior job of removing spyware. I'd go with Spybot S&D.

--TH13
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

I had also used Ad-Aware freeware version for about two months, but when I hered about Spybot S&D, I checked it out and am now useing it, have been useing spybot for about a year. I prefer it. I like the interface beter, has alot of controlls and features along the left plain which is an atractive feature to me.

Im very pleased about the feature where you can read more inforation about a spyware component that was found. So my votes got to Spybot.

Antionline Herpetologist
    I actually use both. I run one first and then the other. Each has found stuff that the other one didn't.
    Cheers,
    cgkanchi
    Buy the Snakes of India book, support research and education (sorry the website has been discontinued)
    My blog: http://biology000.blogspot.com

Re: Ad-aware or Spybot S&D??

I use them both since they each have some minor weak points!

Using them both covers it all!
    i m gone,thx everyone for so much fun and good info.
    cheers and good bye

Seems that ad-aware consume higher CPU usage, just try spybot and I will give spybot a vote.

Definitely Spybot S&D. But won't hurt to use both ( that's what I'm doing.)
    \"Great spirits always encounter strong opposition from mediocre minds.\"
    Albert Einstein

spybot all the way on the computers on my network

i give each one a scan with adaware each month as a secondary measure but it has never picked up anything that spybot S&D hasnt
    but and this is a big but, spybot has picked up things that adaware has missed!

I've used Ad Aware for quite some time and I have always been a big fan. Then I tried out Spybot recently and I foond that it does a superior job of removing spyware. I'd go with Spybot S&D.
    I use them both since they each have some minor weak points!
    Spybot s&d.. prefered.. though I find some of my customers find the Adaware interface easier to understand and use.. Have had fully updated versions of each and tested on the same system ( Cloned HDD's, tested XP home, Win98) both cleaned. BUT the Spybot cleaned xp home worked first go.. adaware failed on a package from eAccelerate, had to do a recovery and finish the clean by hand, registry fixes and file replacements..

Verdict: Spybot S&D for Me, and adawre v6 for those who are blind..
    I won't have a chance to run these tests again for a couple of months, my busiest time of year. And to test these properly requires a bit of setting, not to mention setting evaluation criteria..

Cheers
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

just use both...
    SpyWare---><--Adaware (slow)
    SpyWare---><--spybot search and destroy (fast)