Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: was i infected ?

Question was i infected ?

Downloaded Matrix reloaded today from Kazza, a file that was over 700meg. Tried to view it on MediaPlayer but it kept coming up saying an error had occured. Next thing i knew my puter was going slow and pages took ages to load and started to freeze up. I then decided to delete the file but as has been said before, it told me the file was in use by someone or some other program. Then i noticed the file was now only 4kb in size. SUREDELETE soon got rid of it, but my puter is not as fast as it was and there is no sign of any viri. Any ideas ? Tnx

I have also had that kind of problem, my computer was like 2 times slower than normally
    --> solution: format your HD and reïnstall your OS

Dead Man Walking
    have you tried running a virus scanner? Also what OS are you using. Now i dont mean to sound repetitive or lecture you but ive said it before and ill say it again. You are taking a HUGE risk when you use file sharing services like kazaa. And what the hell were you thinking downloading a movie thats still in theaters? Its not like its a dvd rip. If its a movie file at all its either been misnamed or somebody snuck a digital video cam into the theater. NOw your probably thinking to your self "well its cheaper than going to the movies" thats true untill you consider the time that you have to spend cleaning up after a virus. And sooner or later if you use those file sharing services you WILL get a virus. the severity of the infection is up to you but it will happen.

AO Part Timer
    -murrzo
    I think that if you did get a virus, perhaps you got what you deserved. First of all if you are file swapping, why aren't you using an antivirus? Second you are breaking the law. Then you expect to come here and we'll help you fix your mess. Not only is it illegal to swap pirated media but, if your not smart enough to use antivirus then perhaps you should just unplug.
    I would like to have a copy of reloaded, but I'd much rather go and spend money at the theater and view it the legal way. People like you are the reason theaters are being forced to use metal detectors at the door. Bet you don't realize that your act of piracy is costing all of us money did you? If you really want a copy do it the right way, and BUY IT.
    Pathetic, absolutley pathetic.
    Your heart was talking, not your mind.
    -Tiger Shark

Banned
    im jus gonna add if you're gonna download another version of Matrix Reloaded with kazaa ...download the one from TMD movies its like 2 files each about 160 and 180 MB .. the graphic is not bad either

If you are downloading stuff from Kazaa you better be running an uptodate anti-virus, its full of bugs of difrent sorts. As for this probelem, it may just be a media palyer thing as I have seen it do this before with a bad movie file. Delete the file (may have to do that in safe mode) and restart...if that dosn't help scan your system.
    Who is more trustworthy then all of the gurus or Buddha’s?

you probably got the early studio release of the go f### yourself edition. They’re trying to make it harder to find a 'real' pirated ver.

dopeydadwarf couldn't agree with you more. These selfish inconsiderate bastards not only couldn't care less about sharing the bandwidth with others but they will also be the prime reason ISP’s will block all incoming traffic. How many already can’t set up a web site that can be viewed from outside of their network. Of course after ISP’s have blocked port 80 for the average account maybe kazaa can use some other common port until that service is no longer available for everyone either.

Please don’t get me wrong…I have nothing against folks sharing files. its been a way of life among netizens since the beginning. It’s just that now, completely computer illiterate people by the hundreds of thousands are ruining the internet for everyone.

The majority of kazaa users are no better than script kiddies. The only way they could ever share (glom) files is by using a well laid out GUI that does everything for them….like whats uudecode and is news groups a part of yahoo?
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Tnx for all your comments. Running XPpro and more the fool me, have no active AV on my puter. This is due to the numerous reformats i have done due to the severe problems i've had with AV progs in the past. I check my puter out online daily now @ symantics online site and it showed clear.
    Anyway, tnx again. Lesson learned !!

Thought i'd give you an update. Installed Norton AV and did a scan, not expecting anything to be different from the online scan. Was i wrong. 91 files infected with W32.kwbot.F.Worm, and 1 file infected with Backdoor.Sdbot.F.

Dead Man Walking
    see i told you so