Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: windows longhorn

windows longhorn

can anybody tell me where can i grab a copy of windows longhorn beta...???
    guru@linux:~> who I grep -i blonde I talk; cd ~; wine; talk; touch; unzip; touch; strip; gasp; finger; mount; fsck; more; yes; gasp; umount; make clean; sleep;

Go to http://edonkey2000.com, download the software, it's a filesharing program. When connected search for longhorn beta. It's definitly there.

well thx ha-lf ....i could have tried kaaza also but i am restraing from using it becoz of certain obvious reasons...i would love to know a web link if there is any...well does anybody know is windows longhorn (beta ,alpha..or any release) copy being distributed like that of Win2K3 servers is...i mean to say is it legallay available for downloading.the
    guru@linux:~> who I grep -i blonde I talk; cd ~; wine; talk; touch; unzip; touch; strip; gasp; finger; mount; fsck; more; yes; gasp; umount; make clean; sleep;

I've searched google for windows longhorn without any useful results, I don't think it is already available, it's to new

u can search in ftp search to
    HELLO [[glowpurple]\\=)[/glowpurple] [

This was covered here before, on the main AO page go to forum search and type in longhorn, when you see posts about people saying they have it, message them and ask where they got it. If thats doesnt work you can either wait till its out or do what half said and piss off bill gates

I think it is not really worth it.
    As far as I have read it is really buggy, it is still in alpha phase right now (the latest build number is 4015 if I am correct.
    Just visit winbeta.org or betanews.com to find all info.
    You could also google for windows+beta or something like that but like I said. I don't think it is really worth the download. Just wait for it to hit beta stage.

Yes Longhorn is really buggy and unstable, but it is a beta (or alpha) yet. And i think i'll try it in the future.

To add to this.
    You can always take a look at:
    http://www.winsupersite.com/
    Paul Thurrott's SuperSite for Windows.

It has a really nice preview of longhorn with screenshots and the like.
    He also covers some Windows 2003 and .....well basicly everything that has something to do with Windows.
    Enjoy
    noODle

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    I had a copy and I dumped it after about 2 hours. In that time frame, I had 3 blue screens, several windows protection errors, 1 false freeze and my absolute favorite, 1 spontanious reboot. Save yourself the pain, wait a little longer before playing with it.

Oh yeah, the hardware that I installed it on was a run of the mill Dell Optiplex GX150.

--TH13
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden