Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Open Ports :-))

Open Ports :-))

I do understand basic port numbers but not all.

While port scaning a website a found these open ports.
    -----------------------------------
    Port 25
    Port 21
    Port 22
    Port 23
    Port 26
    Port 53
    Port 79
    Port 80
    Port 110
    Port 106
    Port 119
    Port 139
    Port 143
    Port 513
    Port 514
    Port 587
    Port 990
    Port 992
    Port 993
    Port 995
    Port 2401
    Port 3306
    Port 4111
    Port 4996
    Port 5150
    Port 5190
    --------------------------------------------------
    1) Help me to understand these ALL ports

2) I want to getin this computer so if any one can help to do so,

that will be fine 4 me.
    -------------------------------------------------
    Rg
    (-:IF U R A HACKER TRY TO BE ON POINT,IT SAVES TIME:-)

Dead Man Walking
    Okay ive had it. We are not a "hacker" website. We do NOT teach people how to break into other systems that do not belong to them. Its *******s like you that really piss me off. GO READ THE SITE FAQ. If you want to learn how to secure your system from intrusion then fine stick around. if you want to crack into sytems that are not yours then go somehwere else. Stored in this sites servers is a wealth of information that is freely available to all. Use it wisely but most importantly grow the **** up. Okay think about this for a second. you get into this webserver that your asking about. what the hell you gonna do when your in? **** things up? that just makes people's lifes (the same kind of people you would find in this forum) harder cause they gotta fix the **** you screw up. Grow up or go away

Here's a port list.

http://www.iana.org/assignments/port-numbers

No-one on here has enough time to explain each port and the service it's running, all we can do is point you in the right direction and let you read further.

As you can see, you starting to piss off people by acting very much like one who aspires to be a cracker. If you do, bad idea. If you don't, you might want to start providing explanations of why, so that you get more help (most here won't help if they see you as a cracker). Until you do provide a good explanation, your best option is www.google.com. Even if you do have a good reason, it's always a good idea to search google first, it's usually much quicker on questions like this.
    Preliminary operational tests were inconclusive (the dang thing blew up)

\"Ask not what the kernel can do for you, ask what you can do for the kernel!\"

ZomBieMann77
    Do U Hate me.???

If u thing I am going to hack this site and spoil it, then U are wrong, I never did that .

There is a diifrence in getting in and spoiling. If I spoil they will trace be and ......

And pls answer the 1st point I wanna learn all the ports.

Thanx for typing such a nice Laguage.

Thanx FrameWork!

Originally posted here by RITESH GAUR
    ZomBieMann77
    Do U Hate me.???

If u thing I am going to hack this site and spoil it, then U are wrong, I never did that .

There is a diifrence in getting in and spoiling. If I spoil they will trace be and ......

And pls answer the 1st point I wanna learn all the ports.

Thanx for typing such a nice Laguage.
    There is no difference between what you call "getting in" and "spoiling". Both are illegal. I suggest you find somewhere else to play, because around here we all play nice. Quit asking us how to get yourself put in jail, you could do it alot easier by holding up a bank or something, and then we wouldn't have to waste our time reading and/or replying to your stupid posts.

Ritesh, while just getting in is a bit milder than defacing it, it is still a bad idea.

Analogy: someone breaking into someone else's house and burning it to the ground is much worse than someone just breaking in, but either way it's still bad and illegal.

OK! SORRY!

FORGET ABOUT THE SECOND POINT, I JUST WANT TO LEARN PORTS .

NO HACKING/CRACKING.......

I DONT WANT TO LEAVE THIS GOOD PLACE.

-SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY--SORRY-

first thing: great apology but please don't type such a long connected string again, it really messes up the formatting. It's not something you should get negged for (if this is a first) but if it happens too much you will.

second: The port list that FrameWork gave you is fairly comprehensive. The middle column has the port number, the left column is what name/program is generally associated with that port, and the right is a _very_ brief description of what it is. If you want more, I suggest you google for it, because you will undoubtedly find more information than you could here. If there is a particular port you're interested in try the string

<port number> ports <name if it has one>

and expand as neccessary.

Now I am feeling good, U people r really help-full.