Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Open Ports :-))

Originally posted here by FrameWork
    Here's a port list.

http://www.iana.org/assignments/port-numbers

No-one on here has enough time to explain each port and the service it's running, all we can do is point you in the right direction and let you read further.
    And always try google first.. www.google.com

Cheers
    Not an image or image does not exist!
    Not an image or image does not exist!

don't want to disrupt the subject of this thread but i have to say something about the negative use of the word 'hacker' around here as it seems as usual it's usage is improper and influenced by the media.

hackers build and are constructive. these are the people who have the mind to make something work that hasn't previously worked. to add a distinction, due to media influence, the term 'white hat' was born. these are the people with the creativity that makes the lives of users easier today and are continually studying and pieceing information together to achieve more.
    it is a shame how stories are heard about a hacker who compromises security on a network, does NO harm to it, and notifies the person in charge of the vulnerabilities.
    the hacker is then reported to the authorities when the person notified should be thankful that he was informed of this before a cracker had the chance to compromise the security and do serious damage.
    what i am guessing is that the person who is in charge that reports the hacker has a large ego and little knowledge.

the people who rightfully deserve the negativity are the crackers, cyberpunks, and no knowledge script kiddies. these are the people who are up to no good. generalised as 'black hats'.

based upon the real, uninfluenced by media definition of the word 'hacker' (NOT h4xX0r), i am proud to be classified in this category.
    please do not ask me anything that you would not understand the response to.