Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Certified Hackers?

Talking SKETCHY!!

I have actually spoken to them, from what was stated that they have a lot of military people attending these classes. At $5,000 USD for a 7 dya course sounds kind of high, but then again room and board is also covered. BUt then the other sketchy part was when I declined them, they kept coming back at me lowering there prices, saying if I take it they wil give me 30-40% off, this and that, I offered to pay half the price for just the books, but they declined. Also if you pay you can't get you rmoney back, so if the course is full of crap that you already know, too bad!!

P.S.--> anybody recommend any good reading material? or email it to me at spydy007@hotmail.com
    ¤§p¥déR¤
    \"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens\"

So this is Mitnock's latest scam. eh....

I can see it now.

Kevin - "Welcome to 'the basics of social engineering". The first thing I want you to do is introduce yourself to the person next to you and shake their hand. For you all have one thing in common, you've all been hacked."

"I bet you won't sign up for any more bogus classes now will you? This has probably been the most important lesson you can possibly learn when it comes to Information Technology. Now if you'd all just sit right here for an hour and reflect on what lame-asses you are for paying through the nose for the same thing you can get out a book, I'll go cash your checks. And by the way, they'd all better clear, or else."

-End of class.

Thank you......don't applaud, just throw money.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Talking

People that pay for school, maybe should be attending for that you can learn everything in the book they gave you at home, but instead of buying it for $65.99 you just spent $4,500 mainly so someone can tell you that your late, or kicked out of class and thanks for the money.... then they give you a piece of paper stating that you have finished the class and are still worthless than when you started....

self knowledge rocks!!!
    ¤§p¥déR¤
    \"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens\"

since we're on the topic. Does anybody know anything about:

www.smartcertify.com

Anybody tried it? Recommend it?
    ...This Space For Rent.

-[WebCarnage]

Did u read the prerequisite training course
    Prerequisites
    The Professional Hacking program is targeted at professionals with at least 1 year of experience in information systems and networking technologies. The student should have a strong knowledge of TCP/IP, and a general understanding of information security. While both Windows and Linux are used within the class, students should have a willingness to learn tools and procedures from a Linux perspective.
    It seems to me that this course is targeting newbies & novices that read to much articles about cie hiring |-|Ac|{3Rs. I really think experience is the best. The greater number of attacks you faced, skiller u r!
    I mean such a course will teach famous tools as nmap, Hping, etherreal, ... But the real knowledge is in RFCs and tuts.
    [shadow] SHARING KNOWLEDGE[/shadow]

Isn't half of learning how to hack learning to be resourceful enough to find information on it, or at least finding tools online and then learning how to use them? I just don't learn that well in a class room, I learn better by actually *doing* stuff. Also, I agree with R0n1n. Who would want everyone to know that you're a hacker when everyone's so afraid of them nowadays? I looked up some information from the site and the "how to learn to be a hacker" course is like $3,000 bucks for a 5 day course. They say it covers hotel lodging and meals but that's still way out of my price-range. I'd rather buy a book. The "social engineering" class is almost $2,000.