Thread: Security Certifications

Security Certifications

Ive posted a thread already asking if anyone thought security+ was a good network security certification to obtain but people didnt like the title. So here it is again it was called "security+". Security+ is provided by CompTIA, was wondering if anybody had any suggestions about other security certs that are better than CompTIA's.

http://www.antionline.com/certifications.php?s=

theres a good list of certs right here.

The reason that the Security+ isn't listed on that page is because the certifications on that page are mostly for security professionals who have quite a few years of experience. The Security +, however, is a good gateway cert that will let employers know you have a basic introduction to security, and that security is something you focus on. The official purpose for the Security + is to demonstrate a working knowledge of security as understood by a 6 month veteran of the field. If that's what you're shooting for, this cert is tailor-made for you.
    /* You are not expected to understand this. */

http://www.csoonline.com/read/060103/branding.html check out how many people have what type of certs. most high level security experts have at least cissp as a technical credential. if you're looking to land a job, i would highly recommend something from isc2, they give out cissp. personally, if i saw someone with security + on their resume, i wouldn't bother with it, versus someone with sage level 3

-w0rm3y

Whats Sage level 3?