Antioffline?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Antioffline?

Antioffline?

What is antioffline? and whos the creator? Can people tell me what one is what. I really dont understand it.. :\ is it a mockout of this site?

You could always search the forums for this topic. It has been discussed many times here. Sometimes the easiest answer isn't always the best.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Dead Man Walking
    As hard as it is to believe there are actualy people out there that dont like AO. And antioffline happens to be one of those sites. Yes they have a mock of this site poking fun at it. To the best of my knowledge they are in no way affiliated with jupiter media. the owner of this site

Senior since the 3 dot era
    Zombiemann77, sure they are not affiliated with JupiterMedia, they had problems with JP aka John Vranesevich. If you want to see who's behind the site just go to their about page: http://www.antioffline.com/about.html

LaXPlaya to save you some searching and reading:
    All the issues between the sites (www.attrition.org, www.antioffline.com, www.antionline.com) are most of the times about a few claims from the early AO days: some believe JP paid Masters of Downloading to hack .gov site so he got front page news for the AO site. Second issue is the information on the so called most organized and systematic attack against governement computers by 'Analyzer' that turned out to be false according to attrition.org
    --> in short they accuse JP of media sensationalism

Another issue: Ken Williams from packet storm placed a picture of the 17 year old sister (in 1999) of JP with phone number and address on his packet storm website, at that time hosted at Harvard. This site went down when JP reported this. Not necessary to say packet storm users were not so happy

But like said by KorpDeath, you can easily search the forum or google for this info. Keep one thing in mind, an objective reading about this is not going to be easy to find.

was the 17 year old sister hot?

I guess the best page in Antioffline is this (see 2.2.2 - Operating Systems)
    http://www.antioffline.com/rfc31337.txt

Peace always,
    <jdenny>
    Always listen to experts. They\'ll tell you what can\'t be done and why. Then go and do it. -- Robert Heinlein
    I\'m basically a very lazy person who likes to get credit for things other people actually do. -- Linus Torvalds

I just checked out antioffline and I think it's a bunch of crap. I tried to follow some links only to get bombarded with pop ups. Screw that. I hate pop ups.
    Hi, I don\'t care........ Thanks

4sale

I think they smtimes do a bit more than simply mock AO.

Few month ago I reported to JM a AO site defacement. For a whole day when trying to connect to AO I was leaded to a page like http://www.antioffline.com/antionline.html.
    [shadow] SHARING KNOWLEDGE[/shadow]

I dont wana be a n00b, but i read the other posts and why is he in prison for? i searched google and it said for evesdropping. You cant go to prison for like 5 yrs for that can you?

Originally posted here by LaXpLaYa
    I dont wana be a n00b, but i read the other posts and why is he in prison for? i searched google and it said for evesdropping. You cant go to prison for like 5 yrs for that can you?
    Keep reading buddie, JP isn't in prison, he's in Florida. He sold Antionline to Jupitermedia Corporation and moved to Florida, the prison thing was a charity deal that JP was involved with. Keep reading.......

Cheers:
    DjM