Hacking tools

Thread: Hacking tools

Hacking tools

hallo..
    anyone can help me pls.
    Yesterday somebody log in to my server. He/She do nothing harm on my pc, otherwise he told me my pc wide open so anybody can log in to my system and do anything they want.
    He tell me other hacker put or plant some program on my server so they can used my server as they server too. Used my bandwidth and etc. I'm very glad he/she do nothing harm on my system and he tell me also how to kill/terminating all sneaky program the other hackers put.
    He tell me something about hacking tools used to get in my computer. can any body tell me what it is. one of this is firedaemon.exe, serve2udaemon.exe and others.
    And can anybody tell me how to close opening port on my pc like port 80. and can firewall protect my computer.
    thanks
    Share on Google+

It's a very wierd story than your's.
    You r saying that sm1 did break into your "server" and gently told u he did & that u should secure ur comp! Hum, he's a very nice guy, or a clever hacker.

1- First don't setup any *.exe u don't know. DO NOT TRUST any1.
    2- u said ur comp is a server? What type of service do u run over the net? Should't be just a client.
    3- There is a great chance that ur comp is compromised - check it with intgrity checkers ant-virii
    4 - u definitly should think about security learning.
    5- Firewall is a tool that may help u but u definitly need to know excatly want u want to do with. Close most - Open most ....

U r a the good place on AO to get personnal feedback - u'll probably think we r all parano´d -

Good luck
    [shadow] SHARING KNOWLEDGE[/shadow]
    Share on Google+

AO Security for Non-Geeks tonybradley's Avatar
    Some other information would be helpful- what operating system and version are you running for starters?

You could run something like AdAware or Spybot Search & Destroy to check for Trojans that may have been planted on your system.

Are you running any sort of firewall or antivirus software?
    Share on Google+

Dead Man Walking
    I would have to diagree with you tony but only on the tool he should use for the trojan scan. I would go with the cleaner . Not that ad-aware and spybot s&d arent great programs but the cleaner might be more tuned towards what he needs.
    Share on Google+

AO Security for Non-Geeks tonybradley's Avatar
    I would go with the cleaner . Not that ad-aware and spybot s&d arent great programs but the cleaner might be more tuned towards what he needs.
    Excellent point! My bad. Thanks for pointing that out. The Cleaner is a much better Trojan detector where the products I mentioned are more for spyware. There is probably some convergence in what they detect, but The Cleaner is most likely the better tool for the job.

Thanks-
    Share on Google+

Yo my bad I dont understand... are you askin for a definition on the trojans or are you askin how to stop fooz cold at your door step? The phrase "He/She do nothing harm on my pc, otherwise he told me my pc wide open so anybody can log in to my system and do anything they want." Sounds like spam to me. You talkin bout a little grey box that pops up out of nowhere? I've seen that before. Your messaging service is on. Are you on XP? if you are turn off your messaging service OMFG I am not even gonna get started with SPAM =X I believe there should be a universal law that puts a $10,000 bounty on every spammers (Dead or Alive)LOL Download xp-antispy it helps in turning off a bunch of crap that comes with XP.Chances are if you're runnin a server your system has already been compromised. Get an antivirus check for trojans and get a good firewall/IDS. Zonealarm is a good one and back that s*&%$ up with ISS blackice and you'll be fine my friend =)

Best Regards,
    1lExCa1lLi1l3u1l2

impermanent universe
    solid,liquid,gas,radiant=length,width,height,space-time=strong,electromagnetic,weak,
    gravity=rebirth,old age,sickness,death
    Share on Google+

like tony said, what kind of services is it running, either case, FIRST thing i would do is to disconnect from the network, then use the tool above mentioned by the senior members to identify them if you really want to know. of course it could be a spook, so for me to say rebuild if there isn't anything important could be just waste of time. try a program like fport to see what or where it's sending out it's echo. good luck.

-w0rm3y
    Share on Google+

/***hostility detected***/

didn't mean to step on anyone's foot... intentions were good. I apologize

Best Regards,

1lExCa1lLi1l3u1l2

impermanent universe
    solid,liquid,gas,radiant=length,width,height,space
    -time=strong,electromagnetic,weak,
    gravity=rebirth,old age,sickness,death
    Share on Google+

thx for every one.
    yes i should learn about security for my system..
    yes my system receive so many spam before and now my isp closed my smtp..
    my OS is Windows 2000...
    my antivirus is MCaffee... but not help for.
    is damnware hackers tools too...cause someone put it in... ?
    i'm gonna try the cleaner
    thx
    Share on Google+