Thread: Nessus help

Angry Nessus help

Could S.O show me how to install Nessus on W2K box ? ( I did try , but I false )
    God bless you

You can install the nessus client on a m$ platform, but you can't run it just from there.

You have to connect to a nessus server/daemon which has to be run on a *nix server.
    I've never came across a public nessus server... I just run my own.

If you have a linux box, run the nessus linux install and read the docs.

Then install the nessus client for m$ and connect to the server. (You have to start the service first)

I hope I didn't confuse you...
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

lol, just a wild idea...

But AO should start a free, public Nessus server... that'd be leet.
    ...This Space For Rent.

-[WebCarnage]

LoL, yeah real wild idea.

We already have enough kiddies coming here for "hacking info".
    Thats all we need... open up a public nessus server and after the word got out... we'd be flooded.

I don't think ANYONE would be stupid enough to open up a nessus server to the public.
    They'd have the authorities knocking at their door in a matter of days... maybe even hours.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

It's a gas!
    I don't think ANYONE would be stupid enough to open up a nessus server to the public.
    They'd have the authorities knocking at their door in a matter of days... maybe even hours.
    Hey, this is a security site and a nessus server would be assisting the (windows) community secure their boxes!

But at the same time, if our fellow members are security orientated then they wouldnt be using windows

oops , I don't have *NIX Server . So all I can do is to implement Nessus on my W2k box and just let it be there

...which would ultimatly be useless without a server to connect to....so why keep it??

- Noia
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

well, if you can't get a hold of nix box, try getting vmware tool. you could use the bridge or the nat option. nessus wx is only the client piece, can't do anything without the server (nessusd).

w0rm3y

A stupid question
    I can't uninstall it from my win2k, does anyone meet this?
    All buttons are gray, I can't click "Next" or "Cancel".
    Too old to be a hanker