A new life!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A new life!

A new life!

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to share this with you, today was my last day in high school (a sad today) all of us will go different ways. I am now off to college (wooohoooo) am not going to stay on campus because I live 25 mins away from that college. So that means I will still on AO forever .

Happy Summer

What do all of you have planed this summer, and what are your goals of the summer?

What I have planed is to get a job at a near by Alienware!! My goals are to get 11 greenies and finish building up my network!

Cya --d00dz AttackiN--
    First you listen, then you do, finally you teach.
    Duck Hunting Chat
    VirtualConvenience
    RROD

I graduated from highschool about 3 weeks ago.

Right now I'm helping a farmer working about 13 hour days. Not what I really wanted but its a job that I'll be doing for the rest of the summer.

I guess rigth now I'm a long way from 11 greenies. lol.
    =

First going on a much need vacation then chilling in my pool for the rest of the summer
    I had to google 'jfgi' to see what it meant. The irony is overwhelming.

Banned
    oh man ...finished high school... you lucky bastards.... im still a little kid who goes to 11th grade next year.. oh well ...life isn't fair...as for the summer i plan tobecome a senior without losing any greenie i have collected :-D.... as for the weekends..spend some time with mah g/f ..friends..and go to STL for the 4th July ..and to Virginia Beach with a few friends and rent a hous on the beach and just chill for a week or so ... it's gonna be great :-D ...

oh man ...finished high school... you lucky bastards.... im still a little kid who goes to 11th grade next year..
    Memory... don't be so quick to get out of HS. While it might seem like a pain now... it only gets worse. After you graduate... you either go to college, work or do both.

I have been out of HS for about 4 years now and I work full time as a network admin while going to school at night... my social life is almost nonexistant and there are tons of bills to be paid. I don't have it nearly half as bad as some people do... so I'm not complaining.

All I'm trying to say is... ENJOY IT WHILE YOU CAN!!!!

To everyone else.. congrats!!
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Dead Man Walking
    Im going to do the same thing this summer i did all school year. Work. I wish i had a summer vacation . For those of you that just graduated do yourself a favor and dont screw around. Take every oportunity that comes along to improve your station in life. Just my $.02

Congrats to all you grads....

Don't shirk any kind of work you can get. Infact.. if you can get something non-computer related.. that's the way to go.. Many people will say "BS, get all the experience u can" but that's not true.. for a summer job you'll end up doing sh*t work anyways.... so do something as far away from computers as you can...If you plan on going into computers that is.... Soon enough u'll spend all your time in front of a screen and while now you are saying "Alright awesome I can't wait".. you will soon learn to hate the glare of a monitor. I'm working for 8 bucks an hour doing HARD manual labour (carrying roof trusses)..... I passed up a $10/hour call center job, because I didn't want to sit at a computer al day.... and I'm having a great time.. I complain a lot, and I'm tired and sore (after a year of college I'm a lil soft).... but i'm getting fresh air, and compliments on my tan from working outdoors... so it's decent... so yeah.. avoid computers if you can.. have some fun trying something new. it may be your last chance...... I know it is for me... This week might even be my last day of work.. Tomorrow I find out if I get a job that will really change my summer... from 42 hours a week of hard work, to 35 hours a week as a db admin on a sql server system @ at Labatt's (breweries)..

I know .. I know. i just said not do computers if you can avoid it. but it's 5 bux an hour more... and it counts towards my co-op credits at college....so I need it.... (cross you fingers for me)...I'll be excited and searching out the sql experts if I get it..

Anyways.... have a great summer everyone.. Get some sun, relax and enjoy the warm weather..... those of you in this Hemisphere that is..... and for everyone.. drink a beer .. if yer a minor. go fishing..(if you don't know what that is.. u don't need to know) haha j/k.. avoid the beer til yer off legal age... and to those of you raising your glass with me right now.. Here's to summer..... and you better have real beer in that glass... none of this BS American Water crap.....

Peace.

PS
    wtf.. I've got an error (too many images -- VB tags.. or smilies) HTF can I have too many smilies.... *heads over to the suggestions form* (3 smilies deleted)
    IT Blog: .:Computer Defense:.
    PnCHd (Pronounced Pinched): Acronym - Point 'n Click Hacked. As in: "That website was pinched" or "The skiddie pinched my computer because I forgot to patch".

The best of luck goes out to you HT. I think of computers as a hobby and not as a job. Why I wanna work at alienware is because I can shoot some free computers your way, as well as free software, etc. What am going to do in college is go into the fields of being a chef/cook (BAM!!) lol. After being in school for 4 years I can go around the world and cook/be with famous chefs and get paid for it. Meanwhile I will have a job at a nice restaurant. Then after 1-7 years I will own a few restaurant's. Hehehe hopefully it will go like that.

Cya --d00dz attackin-
    First you listen, then you do, finally you teach.
    Duck Hunting Chat
    VirtualConvenience
    RROD

The Recidivist
    I myself am going to school during the summer tring to get ahead a little. Maybe I can get in down to 8 yeas instead of the 9 or 10 (med student). I agree with everyone when they say, take your time and enjoy yourself. Responsibilty is right around the corner. I also have a kid on the way which is a lot more than I attended to bite off but am looking foward to it. JUst remember, this is it man. Enjoy.

hjack
    "Where the tree of knowledge stands, there is always paradise": thus speak the oldest and the youngest serpents.
    - Friedrich Nietzsche

Originally posted here by d00dz Attackin
    The best of luck goes out to you HT. I think of computers as a hobby and not as a job. Why I wanna work at alienware is because I can shoot some free computers your way, as well as free software, etc. What am going to do in college is go into the fields of being a chef/cook (BAM!!) lol. After being in school for 4 years I can go around the world and cook/be with famous chefs and get paid for it. Meanwhile I will have a job at a nice restaurant. Then after 1-7 years I will own a few restaurant's. Hehehe hopefully it will go like that.

Cya --d00dz attackin-

Chef eh.. .that's my next stop.. well that or massage therapy... Computers will give me a nice base to get a decent job while i keep goign to school.. then hopefully by the time i'm thirty i'll be done with them as a career... My goal is to finish chef training and massage therapy and open a spa/retreat (prolly completely computerized/automated) with a World Class restraunt...
    IT Blog: .:Computer Defense:.
    PnCHd (Pronounced Pinched): Acronym - Point 'n Click Hacked. As in: "That website was pinched" or "The skiddie pinched my computer because I forgot to patch".