View Poll Results: do you support M$ decision delay the release especially in wake of RPC/DCOM hole

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

7 30.43%
  • no

8 34.78%
  • cant say

2 8.70%
  • i use linux...so i am not concerned

6 26.09%
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: AP new feature - u like it?

I'm totally agree with the new system...
    I've had a little problem with the AP in these last days and the reason of the neg point that somebody gaves me ... well aren't very comprehensible... well if I know that somebody gaves me Neg Ap i could ask him some explanations about the motive..... and my maturity tell me not do take revenge against him only because he's isn't agree with my point.....

ANOTHER IDEA:

AP assignement should be disabled in certain forum sections like chit chat, and tech humour for example... I've seen people being negged for telling a bad joke and that sort of things, that's just not fair

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    This is the... How do I? or What is? forum...

Can I please be informed on what you are asking to do? I don't see a how do I or what is question anyplace.

Obviously the new feature hasn't fixed the fact that people still don't put things in the right place. And it also isn't going to do **** for people dumping boatloads of antipoints to eachother. It will still cause problems. If I deserve negatives for a post, someone with 1 or 2 dots is going to be afraid to do it unless they have some form of "protection" So how do you get protection? You form an aliance. So now people with only a few dots are going to be forming aliances and you will see more antipoints like this....
    If you and Deb are going to ****ing double team DKRR then I got his back
    - contact user about this assignment: AP Poster: Spyder32
    And that was because of an argument between dkrr and I. But at least it will get rid of the ones where people sign someone elses name or say something like "why don't you go lick your boyfriends dick"

I am not afraid to give someone negative points if they deserve it. But I can already see the situations happening...newbie wants to neg someone. Newbie sends pm to senior. Senior makes deal with newbie. Senior negs for newbie. newbie owns senior more greenies. senior is nice and gives newbie greenies.. and over and over. Next thing you know, senior has 10 newbies giving greens.... oh look, nice little aliance and the senior starts moving up the top 10 list.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

Bleh. Seniors still care about APs??? How many seniors still even care -at all- ???

Ammo
    Credit travels up, blame travels down -- The Boss

Originally posted here by souleman
    This is the... How do I? or What is? forum...

Can I please be informed on what you are asking to do? I don't see a how do I or what is question anyplace.

Obviously the new feature hasn't fixed the fact that people still don't put things in the right place. And it also isn't going to do **** for people dumping boatloads of antipoints to eachother. It will still cause problems. If I deserve negatives for a post, someone with 1 or 2 dots is going to be afraid to do it unless they have some form of "protection" So how do you get protection? You form an aliance. So now people with only a few dots are going to be forming aliances and you will see more antipoints like this....

And that was because of an argument between dkrr and I. But at least it will get rid of the ones where people sign someone elses name or say something like "why don't you go lick your boyfriends dick"

I am not afraid to give someone negative points if they deserve it. But I can already see the situations happening...newbie wants to neg someone. Newbie sends pm to senior. Senior makes deal with newbie. Senior negs for newbie. newbie owns senior more greenies. senior is nice and gives newbie greenies.. and over and over. Next thing you know, senior has 10 newbies giving greens.... oh look, nice little aliance and the senior starts moving up the top 10 list.

Awwwww how cute, our big ray of sunshine and bunnies and puppies is on

lol **** man who put Nsync in your cd player?

Also:

"ANOTHER IDEA:

AP assignement should be disabled in certain forum sections like chit chat, and tech humour for example... I've seen people being negged for telling a bad joke and that sort of things, that's just not fair"

My opinion is different. If I see a post I like I don't give a **** WHERE it is, ok? That bastard that got negged in tech humor was posting a bunch of racist bullshit, he DESERVED negs. We tried warning him and saying "het stop posting this we dont like it" his responce: **** ALL OF YOU. So I dont wanna even hear that was "mean".

Banned
    I agree with Gore on this one, ppl are going to be les inclined to neg ppl and here posts 4 the fun of it, i personally think it to be a great idea to hav there names there.
    its going to make it easier aswell to see who exactly is abussing the system!!!

Nightfalls_girl

GreekGoddess
    Originally posted here by ammo
    Bleh. Seniors still care about APs??? How many seniors still even care -at all- ???

Ammo
    People care, or there wouldn't be a response this big to these AP threads popping up since the system changed. I'm not afraid to say I care, because I'd be lying if I said otherwise. Just because I don't take offense to some of the comments I got when I first came here doesn't mean I'm going to sit back and accept rude comments by spineless users who used to be able to hide behind the system.

If AP's didn't matter, then Deb's loss of a ton of points would have gone unreported. It doesn't make you a bad person just because you care about how the site is run or what kind of treatment you expect from people on a site. It doesn't make you a whiner. There's a difference between caring what's going on and whining about it. It's all in the way you go about it, how you approach the subject, or whatnot.

But to say that you don't care, is a blatant disregard for the truth.

I think as a senior member, especially for me, after being here a little over a year now, the reason most of us get hostile over AP threads is that, in a course of a year, there are TONS. And it feels like the same old thing every other day and yes, there are whining threads, but not all of them are whines, such as in Deb's case, and I think that was handled quite fairly, and any one of you would expect that to be fixed if you were the subject of the abuse instead of her.

(And surprisingly, from a lot of the **** that Deb takes from the members here, I'm surprised she sticks around. I'm not sure I would, but that just goes to show she is a strong person, even when she's accused of being in an alliance.)

Eh, I don't know...maybe it's just me.

Trumpet-Eared Gentoo Freak
    Heh,

I like it....It'll retaliate less then we all scream out here...
    I've seen some negs too, I know now who did it, I just feel pity for them....
    Guess some of them didn't have sex for a while so they start negging.

Greetz,
    Come and check out our wargame-site @ http://www.rootcontest.org
    We chat @ irc.smdc-network.org #lobby

Originally posted here by .: Shrekkie :.

Guess some of them didn't have sex for a while so they start negging.
    If that was a reason my 'user tends to assign' indicator bar would have blown off the scale at the red end a long time ago.

PP

"Guess some of them didn't have sex for a while so they start negging."

Last time i got any was when you forced me into gaybuttsex shrekkie.