View Poll Results: do you support M$ decision delay the release especially in wake of RPC/DCOM hole

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

7 30.43%
  • no

8 34.78%
  • cant say

2 8.70%
  • i use linux...so i am not concerned

6 26.09%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: AP new feature - u like it?

I think that ultimately it's very hard to predict what will happen with this change---but it's worth at least a trial run.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

Wow.. Boy Howdy, Another long ass antipoint thread!

Oh well, the new feature is pretty interesting and I know who negged me unjustly a few times and whatnot. I'm barely here, so I don't get negged that much anymore, but I don't care. The system is the way it is. There are pro's and con's about the new feature, so debating it make's it stupid. Personally, I think the new feature is great.
    Space For Rent.. =]

Banned
    same opinion here ...now some users cant just neg someone to equalize their AP assigments ...you have to give a good reason why you neg a specific person...and now there is a great number of less negative antipoint assigments then there was before ... i think enough said in this thread ....we all gave our opinions

I also think it will help overall.
    If you give positive or negative antipoints you should not be afraid of giving them.
    There is absolutely NO NEED to remain anonymous.

As always;
    Thats my two cents worth so...
    Cheerio.
    iRoute.net
    PacketStorm

GreekGoddess
    Originally posted here by Lv4
    just out of curiosity sake, how many negative threads have there been on the front page since this went live?

I haven't really been tracking it, but the few times I bothered to look I have not seen a single negative thread. Just look at the front page right now and all you see is even, positive, extremely positive.

It is just a thought, but I was wondering what kind of impact, as far as assigning negative AP's, this is really having. Does an admin or mod have access to those types of stats?
    I think the impact it's having is that people are thinking about whether or not the person they are giving negs to really deserve them or not before assigning. How many useless comments have you gotten for good posts? Just goes to show you the crap that has been floating around lately. Now that people have to give out negs for valid reasons or face consequences, you're going to see a lot more positively assigned posts. And just wait, you can only give out so many greens before your balance message appears. It will be interesting to see how well the responsibility shifts then, if at all.

I had had some interesting surprises when I discovered the identity of some of my neggers, or even about some positive assignments!

I think that this measure will result in a brief AP war then in an ending of the whole AP system. Indeed it will quickly become useless as its regulation role will be broken by the fear of retributions and because only high-level members will have the ability to neg without being frightened by consequences.

That's why I disprove this new feature. The balance of the AP was already horribly uncertain. I think that this feature will definitively broke the system and that moderators will have a lot of work to compensate it.

just my 2 cents
    Life is boring. Play NetHack... --more--