Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hacking With My PlayStation 2.5

"After we implemented the first Xbox running Domino I got a request from one of my customers. They wanted to cluster the Xbox with their new Domino 6 AIX Regatta Server and now the Xbox stands next to a AIX RS/6000 Regatta server directly beside the S/390 in their data center ..."

Check out the pix-> http://www.nashcom.de/nshweb/pages/xbox.htm

X-box ownz

Maestr0
    \"If computers are to become smart enough to design their own successors, initiating a process that will lead to God-like omniscience after a number of ever swifter passages from one generation of computers to the next, someone is going to have to write the software that gets the process going, and humans have given absolutely no evidence of being able to write such software.\" -Jaron Lanier

Originally posted here by Maestr0
    "After we implemented the first Xbox running Domino I got a request from one of my customers. They wanted to cluster the Xbox with their new Domino 6 AIX Regatta Server and now the Xbox stands next to a AIX RS/6000 Regatta server directly beside the S/390 in their data center ..."

Check out the pix-> http://www.nashcom.de/nshweb/pages/xbox.htm

X-box ownz

Maestr0

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

--PuRe
    Like this post? Visit PuRe\'s Information Technology Community. We\'ve also got some kick ass Technology Forums. Shop for books and dvds on LiveWebShop.com

Question accuracy

how accurate is this information?
    not meaning to dogg or anything but i would like to know if it is absolutly accurate, cuz if it is Awsome!

-thanks.
    -Lifes too short to worry

Re: accuracy

Originally posted here by and1_headach
    how accurate is this information?
    not meaning to dogg or anything but i would like to know if it is absolutly accurate, cuz if it is Awsome!

-thanks.

The info is acurate, in fact, don't take my word for it, check the links and read it for yourself, check these two links

This is the Linux on PlayStation Link http://playstation2-linux.com/
    And here are the facts about the new PS2.5 : PlayStation 2.5

--PuRe
    Like this post? Visit PuRe\'s Information Technology Community. We\'ve also got some kick ass Technology Forums. Shop for books and dvds on LiveWebShop.com

virus's and worms will be the biggest deal of it all. one smart virus and whats the point of owning a PSX if u cant play games on it??? i know someone's gonna write a virii that will ***** up the graphics or prevent u from playin games. mise well just play games on the computer. I'm a huge fan of PS...i dont care much for XBOX...just cuz i like PSX. But how many of the owners will really hook it up to ethernet and get on the internet. Most home average users dont have ethernet or even know what it is.

I think the software will follow the hardware, maintaining an online console may also take some awareness of security issues but if people write code to exploit it, others will write code to prtoect it. Just wait, broadband is spreading and you'll find your self buying Sony Anti-virus for PSX.
    I've been toying with the idea of trying to set-up a dedicated Neverwinter Nights server running a linux server on an X-Box and do a tut with pics, is anyone interested?

-Maestr0
    \"If computers are to become smart enough to design their own successors, initiating a process that will lead to God-like omniscience after a number of ever swifter passages from one generation of computers to the next, someone is going to have to write the software that gets the process going, and humans have given absolutely no evidence of being able to write such software.\" -Jaron Lanier

Originally posted here by Maestr0
    I think the software will follow the hardware, maintaining an online console may also take some awareness of security issues but if people write code to exploit it, others will write code to prtoect it. Just wait, broadband is spreading and you'll find your self buying Sony Anti-virus for PSX.
    I've been toying with the idea of trying to set-up a dedicated Neverwinter Nights server running a linux server on an X-Box and do a tut with pics, is anyone interested?

-Maestr0
    Nice Post

1. That's good thinking. I didn't think about the possibility of Sony capitalizing on these new types of threats posed to the online gaming consoles.

2. I'd also like to see you set-up a dedicated Neverwinter Nights server running a linux server on an X-Box .

--PuRe

About the whole virii/worm issue in this thread. . .it is running linux isn't it??
    Every now and then, one of you won't annoy me.

Originally posted here by bludgeon
    About the whole virii/worm issue in this thread. . .it is running linux isn't it??

Yes --> http://playstation2-linux.com/

This ones for all you PS2heads -> http://arrakis.ncsa.uiuc.edu/ps2/cluster.php

Enjoy.
    -Maestr0