Thread: What Happened?

What Happened?

I'm gonna look at this computer tommorrow, and only had a brief time to mess with it today.

What happened was when I turned it on there was no screen I checked the monitor cable and found it was unplugged. So I plugged it back in and the computer was just getting to my motherboard start screen. Then the Starting Windows XP Professional screen popped up. After a couple second on that screen the monitor went blank and the light turned yellow on the monitor. Everything was plugged in tight in the back, and I didn't have a problem booting into safe mode, but when I try to start it normally the monitor would shut off at the booting Windows Screen.

I have a Gforce 4 TI4200 8x AGP card
    XP Pro

I'm gonna work on it tommorow but was gonna see if any of you guys might have any insight as to what might of happened.
    =

Banned
    just a wild guess ... did you check that the computer uses that graphic card .... when i bought my GeForce i didnt check that and my screen went blank and flickered .... to disable the old adapter go to Left click My Computer - Manage - Device Manager - Dispaly Adapters - Disable old one .... to choose that the computer uses the new graphic card got to Display Properties - Settings - under Display choose Ge Force ......

I'll check that out maybe thats the probelem. But everything was working fine with that card up unitll yesterday.
    =

Just to let you know, I ended up having to unistall the video card driver from the device manager then restart windows. Its working fine now.

Stangest thing I've seen.
    =

windows: the only os to offer you a new, totally unexpected error each day!
    Preliminary operational tests were inconclusive (the dang thing blew up)

\"Ask not what the kernel can do for you, ask what you can do for the kernel!\"

LOL.

You got that right kezil. Never seen anything like this before.

I have been letting other people use this computer now and it happened after one of them got off of it. That may have been the problem. Which is why I am giving everyone limited accounts and logging what they do
    =