Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Corporate secrets and Cell Phone Cameras

Originally posted here by cutty
    Let me ask this question to all...

We all know that cameras are not allowed in banks but you are free to go in there with your cell phone but if your cell phone is equiped with a camera and you try to use it in the bank you will most likely be thrown out. Why would they throw you out? Simply, Cameras are not allowed in banks therefore a cellphone equiped with a camera causes a form of alert.

That's basically the same thing with companies. They have trade secrets they don't want their competitors to know, so they are not going to allow their workers to be walking around the job with a camera neither with a cell phone equiped with one.

In no way I see that as a loss of freedom of speech, it just a security measure of trade secrets and I don't see why us as workers can't go along with that.

You don't even need to have your cell phone on the job at most times unless it work related...

Guidance...
    well.. I work in a bank... so what your saying is... get a cell phone with a camera and I will not have to carry it around with me all the time?!

Brilliant! Why didn't I think of that before?! LoL

Come to think of it... I can get a camera add on for my palm too... so I can lighten the load by getting a camera for both!

Thank you cutty!!!!
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Antionline's Security Dude instronics's Avatar
    CyberSpyder:

hmmm interesting viewpoint coming from someone in a country where books, tv, videogames, movies, etc... are openly censored.
    Are you refering to my post?
    Ubuntu-: Means in African : "Im too dumb to use Slackware"

Banned
    yeah I was, you're welcome to you're opinion and all but I just wanted to point that out.

Antionline's Security Dude instronics's Avatar
    Hey CyberSpyder

Allow me help you understand the type of censorship we have here. Its not all that bad as it looks or may seem. Quote again:

hmmm interesting viewpoint coming from someone in a country where books, tv, videogames, movies, etc... are openly censored.
    Ok, first a little general term. The only major censorship hitting all of your points is the church here. The people in Greece are religious, and theres nothing wrong or bad in believing in the bible or the church. The church sensors things that talk against the church, or for the devil. When it comes to books, no books are allowed saying things like "jesus was a faq" or a "liar" or anything like that. Im not a religious person myself, but i agree that its NOT essential to have a book like that in a country that believes in God. Its offensive to the people who grew up with their own beliefs. This all has good and bad sides. The good side is, we dont slaughter chickens and cats within some pentagram in the same extense as other countries do, and we dont kidnapp and sacrifice little girls to some satan. This applies mostly for the book censorship. TV is not censored here. We see all the movies uncut no matter how bloody or whatever else. And our news is not censored or corrupt as other news around the globe. I think the best example was the Iraq war, the only thing that CNN, BBC, and Star showed you was what the gov wanted you to see. It was all edited to the likings of the gov. On the other hand, our news showed us the loss of innocent lives, women and children. Not how the soldiers gave out candy bars to the Iraqi children and **** like that. Now, for the gaming law. I admitt there was a mistake when that law was made. The law originally was written to gambling games in public places, such as web cafes. We have strong gambling laws here. And its not wrong. The mistake was, that the law saw all electronic card games as gambling. It is a mistake in the law, and it will be changed. However, greece is known to take their time when it comes to these things, so in good time the law will change accordingly. Yes, at this moment, all electronic games are banned. 90% of the arcade games had a secret switch on the back side that would turn the arcade into a gambling box. Untill we can find a way to fix this problem, games will have to wait in public places. We also have game bans based on violence. I find it a disgrace to have kids under 16 years old play games like counter strike, or any other game where the only goal is to go and kill other people. Theres no excuse for that. Like i said earlier, the gaming subject is a problem, but all the other things you have mentioned are not a problem. No one complains about the other things. You do NOT have the right to say what were are allowed or supposed todo. If we in Greece want something, we make it very clear to our gov. We are not against the cencorship that our church gives us. We find it a disgrace what the churches in other countries allow though. Also, our church has a VERY strong voice in our system and law. Our gov respects our church and their desicisions. We are not as advanced as many of you when it comes to technology, or general community. But we dont need most of it. Our crime rate is one of the lowest world wide, and why???? Because of the way we believe and act. Because of the way we were brought up. We are not a violent greedy country. If we didnt have the censorship the way it currently is, then we would have a 300% upgrade in crime. By no means is our laws and gov or church perfect. No gov is perfect. But we are still very lucky the way we are. We still have something called privacy. A rare feature nowadays. We still pay 50 cents for a 3 hour bus drive.

I hope i have helped you understand to respect other countries laws and mentality cyberspyder. Our censorship is nothing compared to other countries. And we like it. The only people who dont like it, are the people who want to make money out of other peoples problems and missery.

By no means did i mean to rant or offend with this post cyber. I just wrote this, because i think that you have no real true idea about our censorships. Also, the reason why i marked this post as hidden is because its offtopic.

nuff said.

Cheers.
    Ubuntu-: Means in African : "Im too dumb to use Slackware"

Banned
    thanks, I'll remember that