Antipoint abuse and etiquette
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Antipoint abuse and etiquette

Banned

sdgdsag

sorry I couldn't delete this post because I got a page not found error so the first admin who sees this please delete this post. I also apologize for this post, it was overkill on a topic which has already been overkilled.
    Share on Google+

You may have noticed that antipoint system is being used and abused. Especially when somebody doesn’t like you’re opinions or just doesn’t like the facts you point out (points to most people who’ve negged me).
    I have a question for you. Is this about us or you? If you have been negged, get over it and move on. There is more to life than a gif on a web site, and time and time and time again this subject has been beaten, hashed, rehashed and reiterated. Heh, now I am noticing the wonderful effects of the new AP system and liking it at the outset now do not see the point of it.

Honestly, if there were no names attached to the AP assignments how quickly this thread (or other threads for that matter) go negative or worse? Over the last few days, I have not seen any negative assignments, just even or extremely positive. Not that's a bad thing mind you, but since people are fearful of the effects and retaliation, do not neg... rofl

No matter what the powers that be do, nobody is gonna be happy nor is it gonna be perfect. My bottom line? Nothing beats a real moderator.

Just my 2 pesos
    Share on Google+

as stated in several other posts identical to this, AP's are designed to moderate the boards making the mods jobs a little easier with a self moderating community. It's not about rewards, or popularity, more about quality/appropriateness of material and discussion. Hope this helps...
    Ron Paul: Hope for America
    http://www.ronpaul2008.com/
    Share on Google+

Please, for the love of God, don't bitch about antipoints.

There are soooooooooooo many threads about this issue and NONE have come out very good, mind you. Those who fail to learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.

I'm so sorry if this seems harsh but......life sometimes sucks, just get over it and move on.

Thank you for your time.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson
    Share on Google+

Banned
    I have read all of the posts humanly possible and even though I haven’t agreed with all of them I very rarely neg (mostly I PM with comments and suggestions) and when I do I always add a suggestion to help the person out.

i agree with cyber spyder that just because some one is a newbie and post in the wrong spot or post some thing you dont agree with or like dosent meen you should neg piont them to death send them a critical message telling them how you feel so they can inprove and if they tell you to **** off then you can neg piont them for being a dumb ass
    i though this place was for smart people that liked computers and how they worked not idiots playing stupid kid games like the dumb ass's in jail.
    you may have noticed that i have two little red bars thats from my post about commodore 64's that a few people didnt think was funny or a good topic to talk about i did find a couple of people that wanted to talk about old computers and liked the post there the only reson i didnt get baned from all the neg pionts. me personaly i like old computers becuase thats what i learned on back before windows or any thing even close to that.

if you dont like this post tell me dont neg me to death. please

p.s. how many neg pionts can you have before being baned? i looked but couldnt find it in any faq's
    Share on Google+

AO Security for Non-Geeks tonybradley's Avatar
    just because some one is a newbie and post in the wrong spot or post some thing you dont agree with or like dosent meen you should neg piont them to death send them a critical message telling them how you feel
    This has been addressed over and over and over though. I agree and I think most of the community agrees.

Should newbies RTFM- yes. Should they search the threads to see if the question has already been answered (and answered, and answered)- yes.

By the same token, should addicts and seniors with 20, 30 and more AP's per hit be negging newbies (or anyone else) for something as silly as posting in the wrong forum- no. Should people be negging threads in Cosmos which is designed purely for opinion in the first place- no.

But, at its root the AP system is still driven by humans. Even if 90% of us follow the guidelines- written and unwritten- there will still be the 10% who will post stupid-ass threads in stupid-ass places and there will be those who will neg for apparently no reason.

I for one believe that showing the names with the AP assignments will help to decrease the completely useless negs, but maybe I am wrong. In the end- do you really fu*king care? It is a small square under your name. You aren't being paid based on the number of green squares you have.

Focus on contributing what you can and posting the highest quality posts you can and forget about the stupid AP's.

Just my $.05
    Share on Google+

Banned
    BTW somebody or somepeople just proved my point by negging my thread because they didn't agree with what I'm saying (I also got a nice PM asking me to take this post down ((by a non admin)) and even though this has been addressed a lot I believe that this needs more discussion and if I get negged and antipoint banned for this it will have just proven my point even more.
    Share on Google+

AO Security for Non-Geeks tonybradley's Avatar
    BTW somebody or somepeople just proved my point by negging my thread because they didn't agree with what I'm saying (I also got a nice PM asking me to take this post down ((by a non admin)) and even though this has been addressed a lot I believe that this needs more discussion and if I get negged and antipoint banned for this it will have just proven my point even more.
    Yes and no. The point of the AP system is to self-moderate. There should not be completely baseless negs and it would be helpful if members would include constructive comments with their negs, but if you get negged to death and banned its because the community didn't like your posts.

If you look at the history of the umpteen threads just like yours they are almost ALL negative and some are even suicidal. Like Korpdeath said:

There are soooooooooooo many threads about this issue and NONE have come out very good, mind you. Those who fail to learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.
    Hopefully the negs have included some actual comments or reasons. If you start to see your post getting negged it would probably be in your best interest to delete the thread and rethink your post. Search the threads to see if this topic has been covered. If you still have a unique angle that hasn't been covered then reword it and repost.

I'm now up to about $.08 I think
    Share on Google+

Banned
    well I am getting negged like hell for this but I will keep this thread open for the sake of discussion and to prove that I won't give into the pressure of the people who don't like me bringing this up and discussing it and for all of you who negged me, just so you know you may have me banned for voicing my opinion but I will be back and hundreds more will pop up in my place in the meantime.
    Share on Google+

Banned

neg AP

Thread Comment
    Antipoint abuse and eti...
    Today 03:26 PM

this ways more fun

- contact user about this assignment: AP Poster: gore
    Share on Google+