Thread: www.freelinuxcdrom.com

Question www.freelinuxcdrom.com

Has anybody heard of www.freelinuxcdrom.com ? It says it will send linux cd's for the cost of shipping and handling. I sent for one,'Peanut Linux', and have not recieved it as of yet. I got a reply that the got my 3 bucks, but that's all I've heard. I've sent them 4 or 5 e-mails with no reponse back. When I look into my 'account info' it says 'in process', but it has been 2 months now. Does anybody know anything about this web site?

Freddy
    cybnut

That's great that you are contributing to the open-source community, but you should always take caution with this sorta thing. For example, i just saw on the news today where a college freshman set up his very own "Airline" site....he took many for there money, and did'nt own a single plane...just a big phony. I'm sure you already knew all that, but i think it's worth reiterating.

Ya, you're right. That's why I went small. $3 is'nt going to brake me, but I thought it would help them and help me at the sametime. Hopefully this post will get the word out. Thanks.

Freddy
    cybnut

Banned
    thtas why you should download Linux ISOs for free from http://www.linux.org/dist/ftp.html

or http://www.linuxiso.org/

Ya, you're right. That's why I went small. $3 is'nt going to brake me, but I thought it would help them and help me at the sametime. Hopefully this post will get the word out. Thanks.
    Smart move going small though. Atleast you are contributing to the cause, or were trying to anyway. I have bought all my linux distributions except for FreeBSD and a copy of RH 9 that i downloaded and burnt for a friend. Who knows maybe they will prove to be legit and you'll get that sucker in the mail. I hope so.