Thread: Internet Explorer could not open the search page!

Internet Explorer could not open the search page!

I need help!

Hey guys, I have a little trouble in my computers around me. I have 30 computers right now I configured for Internet Connections, and using windows98se OS. My problem is this there are 7 computers right now that cannot to the internet. I tried to check all the IP's, domains etc. all are configure fine. but when i open the internet explorer and tried to visit a site like www.google.com the message will appear "Internet Explorer could not not open the search page" whats wrong with my internet explorer? Did i miss something? by the way im still using old ie 5.0.

when i tried to ping my domain i can still ping with it and also my gateway. there is no problem with my domain and server right now. I need help on this very seriously! thanks
    There are two types of failure: the one who thought who never did, and the one who did who never thought. - Me!

I would make sure the subnet masks are all the same and check that I have no repeating IPs for starters... Jhollings Hope that helps...

Old Fart
    You could try upgrading to IE 6.0...5.0 is "squirrely" and has more holes than a one ton block of swiss cheese anyway. Better yet, install Mozilla on one of the machines and see what happens.
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

Hrmm.... I dont think it's a browser problem. Something is wrong with your configuration. Make sure you have the right addresses and settings for your boxes. If 23 out of 30 computers are working and they use the same browser I wouldn't think that it's the browser.

Remote_Access_
    “The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.” - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Banned
    it could be anything from improper internet settings to a corrupt registry. hopefully the former. Double check the settings for both network connections, internet, and browser. Hope that helps.

Old Fart
    /me agrees with R_A's assessment but stands by the advice to upgrade to 6.0....5.0 blows...
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...