Thread: Web Directory Listing

Smile Web Directory Listing

Hey Ev'bdy !
    can someone help me ?
    ok, i want to list all of the directory's of my school site
    example : /images
    /news
    because there is sorta' hidden directory i need to access

and when i try to acce site.com/directory <-- there is a chmod on it so i can't
    see the listed files, so i want a list of all the directory's,

a program or a
    technique will be very helpful , thanks for your time guyZ!

Evil eXe
    Death Isn't The End, But Only A Transition

GreekGoddess
    Why? If it's not public and the directories have been rightly CHMOD'ed to keep users from accessing them, what makes you think you should be able to have access to them?

Just some clarification, please.

the thingy is that i am sure that there is a directory where old exams are stored so, seens i can't guess the directory,
    i want a list of all the directory's so i can try them
    THE DIRECTORY'S Aren't Chmoded ,(sorry i wrote it by mistake!)

GreekGoddess
    I'm going to keep the same view in my previous post. I guess I can understand you wanting to see old exams, but the only thing that comes to mind when you say that is trying to cheat or get some advantage in some way. In which case, I'm not going to help with that. And besides, as I said before, there's a reason there's not a big directory listing out there for you to browse through at your will. Most likely because it's not meant to be seen. If you feel that strongly about it, or someone else thinks I'm wrong here, they can allude to how to do it. I don't want any part in this.

You could use a web site spider...which basically archives the site locally on your drive, but I'm not sure if it'll work if you don't have access to the directory.

No further info, and don't be stupid.
    I\'m back.

Banned
    just a thought .... i dont think the exams will be in th sites folders.... in the folder will be images that are on the page ...text files.... whatever is on that site..... the exmas nad other stuff will probably be ona computer that only the teachers have access to and need a password ... it like saying " i can view FBI secret documents if i crack the sites directories....."