Thread: forwarding ports w/comtrend-router and lame ISP

Question forwarding ports w/comtrend-router and lame ISP

I've got this contract with my ISP saying lots of uninteresting stuff like I'm not allowed to use my internet connection to this and that, I'm not allowed to do even more of this, and not that, and so on. But until now I haven't found one single word about me not beeing allowed to config "my" (read: the router I got from them, which really still is their property) router to forward ports to different IP's in the local network (nat) at home.

This kinda restricts the use of my network since alot of stuff needs to work in a state where it isn't "behind a firewall", I've tried to ask my ISP for the port forwarding user/pass, but they don't even respond (2 months now), and it has just gotten on my nerves. Anyone have a reasonable solution? All I want is to forward a couple of ports, but they just don't seem to let me.

Banned
    sorry can't help you, maybe you should

BANISH THEM TO THE FIERY DEPTHS OF HELL

yep, ordered cable 5 mins ago

Maybe a solution is to get rid of the ISP router and use a PC as a router for ur LAN.
    [shadow] SHARING KNOWLEDGE[/shadow]

Your best solution would be to setup your own router instead of using theirs...but check the terms of service you may not be allowed to do that, so then your only hope is to get them to set up the port forwarding....You may want to look into alternate broadband solutions in your area. If their are no alternatives you may want to see if their is any interest in your community for a broadband wireless co-op (a friend just set one up in his apartment complex, 100 subscribers splitting the cost of a t1 makes it affordable.)
    Who is more trustworthy then all of the gurus or Buddha’s?