Hail, how are you gentlemen ?

I am looking for someone who will point me to a guide or whatever will help me understand somethings about networking, etc, for example:

1- What does this mean ""It doesn't seem a good idea to me to share your drives on your ISP's network. You mentioned you have your PC's connected with a second NIC, I suggest you only enable file-sharing on this NIC and not on the one that's connected to the internet." (http://www.antionline.com/showthread...0&pagenumber=1)

2- Whats the difrence with the cable connection ? it seems like i have a network with the rest of the people wich use my provider ?

3- I also want to learn about ip things, i know there are some that start xxx.xxx and you can see that they are local\internet\network, whatever... i need to learn the basic

4- Also about ports... i dont much about

5- How does sharing work... if i share a folder will i share it to my network, to my provider, to all the internet ? i would like to know how computers set this to work.

I know they are basic questions... but i need to start somewhere, anyone cares to tell me where to find info ? i also have other questions, that will come later, for exemple about equipment those things that give internet access to 2 computers (router or whatever) how would the ips work, would each computer have his own ?

I know im messed with this post because it isn't intressing, etc... but well i need info, maybe someone cares i know i shoul search this forum and the internet for this info, but with this post i can get a link to the good place and not get bad information.
Thanks

Farewell