Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trojans-Info

Exclamation Trojans-Info

Add any Info you think may help. [glowpurple]Today![/glowpurple]
    He Is Worthy!

Main Entry: 1Tro·jan
    Pronunciation: 'trO-j&n
    Function: noun
    Etymology: Middle English, from Latin trojanus of Troy, from Troia, Troja Troy, from Greek TrOïa
    Date: 14th century
    1 : a native or inhabitant of Troy
    2 : one who shows qualities (as pluck, endurance, or determined energy) attributed to the defenders of ancient Troy
    3 : a gay, irresponsible, or disreputable companion
    indeed, this word has been twisted.

however theusmale, simple put, a trojan is just like the horse. when referring to software a trojan is a piece of software that seems to have a legitimate purpose but also does something "extra".

so _technically_ a program that looks like it is a game, but REALLY sets the computer clock back 10 minutes each time it is run, is a trojan.

nobody ever said that it had to be malicious. i assume that you are looking for information on what _you_ think a trojan is. and i think i know what you think a trojan is.
    Hmm...theres something a little peculiar here. Oh i see what it is! the sentence is talking about itself! do you see that? what do you mean? sentences can\'t talk! No, but they REFER to things, and this one refers directly-unambigeously-unmistakably-to the very sentence which it is!

Thanx fer the info! I just wanted a thread on this subject for others to use, no comment on your statements reguarding grammer.
    He Is Worthy!

Thanx fer the info! I just wanted a thread on this subject for others to use,
    aren't you the thoughtful kind

no comment on your statements reguarding grammer.
    BANG! contradiction.

so now you might aswell comment on my grammer. and spelling mistakes. thanks.
    Hmm...theres something a little peculiar here. Oh i see what it is! the sentence is talking about itself! do you see that? what do you mean? sentences can\'t talk! No, but they REFER to things, and this one refers directly-unambigeously-unmistakably-to the very sentence which it is!

REPLY To REPLY

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm......U ARE sharp today;eating your bannanas huh?
    He Is Worthy!

Banned
    Originally posted here by (V)/\><

and i think i know what you think a trojan is.
    TROJAN MAN!!!!

Anyways, (V)/\>< said it best, a Trojan is simply a program that performs to operations, one of which the user is unaware of. Most trojans do open up ports for people to connect to but like (V)/\>< said, not all are bad... some could do harmless (but annoying) thigs like set your clock back, change the date, move your files.

[QUICK TIP]
    To remember what a Trojan is, just think of Greek mythology, the Trojan Horse and the secret soldiers in the horse.
    [/QUICK TIP]

Arrow Reply to Reply:

[shadow]Thanx for the contribution![/shadow]

I started this thread hoping to find info on how to eliminate GateCrasher.b on my pewter and thought with time this info and more to follow will help others in the future. Can anybody help me in my search?[glowpurple]HELP ME![/glowpurple] & others in the future.
    He Is Worthy!

I recomend installing an Antivirus program in your computer or you can install Tauscan, also a firewall, i seach google for information in that virus and i found that it runs in Port 1047 but i havent used it and i don't know if when you are configuring the server you can put another port and not use the default one

Here is the link to download the trial version of Tauscan, that looks for Backdoors and keyloggers http://www.agnitum.com/download/tauscan.exe

NOTE****If you like the program and it worked for you i recommend that you buy it, that helps the companies that made the programs to develop better software ****

If you seach in www.agnitum.com you can also find a firewall. Or you cango to www.tinysoftware.com and download a copy of Tiny personal Firewall.

Rigth now i'm in a hurry thats why i don't post more information regarting GateCrasher.b but you should try www.google.com

I hope this would help you.

Thumbs up GateCrasher.b info

Thanx my friend! I have tryed all this already and nothing is found but my port scanner shows gatecrasher.b is at port 1047 (but not listening) I've seen it stay there for upto an hour. Also once it showed Netspy on a port but it was not listening. maybe these where scans by someone trying to breach my firewall,etc.?I guess what i saw were programs\Trojans checking me out (trying to connect)? What cha think? Thanx for your time in advance.
    He Is Worthy!

Banned
    I went to the Symantec and was unable to find anything about "gatecrasher.b", but I did find backdoor.gatecrasher...
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com.../dyn/7658.html

Take a look through the Symantec Encyclopedia and see if you can find what you're looking for...
    http://www.sarc.com/avcenter/vinfodb...prodid=nav2002

____________________________________-

But then I checked google and found this about your little friend....
    http://www.megasecurity.org/trojans/...her1.1fin.html

Were you playing around w/ the program or did you get from an e-mail or something?