Recommended Reading

Thread: Recommended Reading

Thumbs up Recommended Reading

While I was on vacation in FL. . . I picked up some books that you might find of interest. Im sure most of you have heard of these. . . and probably own them. The first one is the hacker diaries: Confessions of Teenage Hackers. ISBN 0-07-222364-2 The other book I found very helpful. It is called Anti-Hacker ToolKit. It builds upon the Hacking Exposed Books. This book goes into detail about how the programs that hackers use work and how to use them. Among the programs discussed are port scanners, enumeration tools, back doors, password crackers, snifers, Sys Admin Tools, DoS tools, War Dialers, and many many more. There is also a cd with this book that comtains some of these applications. This 685 page book is worth the $60 price tag. ISBN 0-07-222282-4 This book can be used for the wrong reason. . . but its main purpose is to teach you how to use these tools so you will know how to stop hackers from using them on your network. As the book says, it helps you "Stay one step ahead. . ."
    "Never give in-never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy!" - Winston Churchill

Blast From the Past
    ive read hacker diaries several times over just because its a fun book
    work it harder, make it better, do it faster, makes us stronger

Yeah. Im almost finished with it. Very good book. The MafiaBoy story is kinda funny in a way.
    "Never give in-never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy!" - Winston Churchill

"Confessions of Teenage Hackers" sounds very good. With a prize of $25.00 (U.S) you can't go wrong! I will go out to the bookstore on mon. and go buy me 1,000 copys, one for everyone on AO . Thanx RogueSpy for the recommended books I LOVE books!!! Hehehe.

Cya and have a great day --d00dz attackin
    First you listen, then you do, finally you teach.
    Duck Hunting Chat
    VirtualConvenience
    RROD

Ahha! Found this in the book.

http://www.antihackertoolkit.com/

Enjoy.

edit: Direct link to the tool section.

http://www.antihackertoolkit.com/tools.html

Wooohooooo "please feel free to look at a sample" http://www.antihackertoolkit.com/ click that link, all thanx to RogueSpy. BUT the link to view the sample DOESN"T work for me aaaaahhhhh! Doesn't it work for you guys/ladys???

Cya --DzA
    First you listen, then you do, finally you teach.
    Duck Hunting Chat
    VirtualConvenience
    RROD

It is a pdf file. Do you not have Adobe Acrobat?

Thanks RogueSpy for the info on the books i have to travel to center city to get them b/c no stores that sell them in my neigborhood. But i'm going to buy them this week and i already download the pdf but but didn't get a chance to look it over. Since it going to be a long hot summer i have something to read lol
    I had to google 'jfgi' to see what it meant. The irony is overwhelming.