scrolling desktop ?

Thread: scrolling desktop ?

scrolling desktop ?

Does any one know of a nix GUI , that will scroll screens by moving the pointer to the side(s) of the screen instead of clicking ? I am unsure of the term for this action so seaching is a little tough. I am fairly sure something like this exists ? Doesn't it ?
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
    The international ban against torturing prisoners of war does not necessarily apply to suspects detained in America\'s war on terror, Attorney General John Ashcroft told a Senate oversight committee
    -- true colors revealed, a brown shirt and jackboots

Are you talking about selecting another virtual desktop? I think there is
    an option in some of the linux GUIs to do it that way. I remember my
    first installation of linux was that way. If you moved the mouse off the edge of the
    desktop, you entered another one.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

That is what i want ,All i have found is fluxbox which will change using the mouse wheel . It doesn't seem to be a popular feature for some reason.
    The international ban against torturing prisoners of war does not necessarily apply to suspects detained in America\'s war on terror, Attorney General John Ashcroft told a Senate oversight committee

You can setup most window managers to interact on your mouse..

I set up my KDE that if I drag a window to the side of the screen and stay there for 500ms it swiches to the other desktop..
    If I just move my mouse I'd have to wait a little longer ( I hate it when I swich desktops when all I wanted was to press the [X] ) 750ms works well..

These setting are usualy in a window manager related controll pannel thingy.. (depends on the window manager..)

I could check out exactly where on a number of WindowManagers, but I'm lasy.. I'd bet you can find out for yourelf...
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

?Thanxx , I guess i just have to look harder , through the million and one options in kde